CHAPTER 21 : Happy

Xyla’s POV

After that tiring dance, nagpahinga ako sandali sa kwarto bago isuot yung huli kong gown bago bumalik sa party. May konti pang dance number at iilang katanggal-tanggal inip ang dumaan.

“Ate, why don’t you perform a song?” Tiningnan ko si Xytee.

“What do you want me to sing?” She looked at Papa who was talking at some of his cousins and other guests.

“Surprise Papa… give him a little thank you, besides, he’s the master of this surprises.” Tiningnan ko si Papa at ngumiti ako. I stood up and walk towards Butler Saff. I instruct him everything and he nods. Lumapit naman ako kay Papa.

“Uhh… excuse me. Can I borrow my Papa for awhile?” Ngumiti naman yung ilang bisita at tumango. I lead Papa far from them.

“What is it honey?”

“Pa… what’s next? Di ba dapat wine raising na?”

“Oh, I forgot. Yes… Tell Xylo to get up on stage you two together with the family.” Tumango ako’t pinuntahan sina Mama.

“Ma, its wine raising. We should be on stage.” Tumayo naman ang buong pamilya at pumunta kami sa stage and Papa soon arrive holding a glass of whine.

“May I call the attention of everyone?” I saw that the waiters giving the guests some glasses of wine and so we do.

“Uhh… I would like to thank you all for coming and for closing the program, I want to raise a toast for the two debutantes. Laurence and Laurene, you two were grown up now. I wish all the best for you two. As for everyone, cheers!” We raised the glasses and say ‘cheers!’ Soon we clink our glasses and drink it up. Everyone then clapped their hands. I get the mic at Papa’s hand.

“Uhh… before anything else, I want to sing a song for everyone together with my Papa, Mr. Zhake Grayson.” Halatang nagulat naman si Papa at lumapit sakin saka ako binulungan.

“What we’ll sing?”

“You knew it Pa.”

Umalis na sa stage sina Mama at yung iba pa at naiwan kami ni Papa. Soon Butler Saff arrived and give me Mocca, a seat and placed the standable mic infront of me while Papa’s sitting beside me and holding a microphone. I smiled and looked at everyone.

“I hope you’ll love the song.” I looked at Papa and smiled. He smiled a little. I then start strumming Mocca and start singing first.

[Playing : Butterfly Fly Away – Miley Cyrus]