CHAPTER 20.7 : Dance (Part 7)

Xyla’s POV

Suho leaves and I remain standing waiting if who’ll be next.

“Hi Xand.”

“Zhay?” Ngumiti lang siya sakin at inabot yung peony. Kinuha ko yon at nagsimula na kaming magsayaw. He’s my cousin and he’s Tita Sab and Tito Zhayne’s son.

“I thought you’ll not make it? Tita said you can’t come.” Tumawa lang siya ng bahagya.

“It was a surprise, of course.” He suddenly hugged me so I hug him back. It’s too awkward because we weren’t that close to each other. We were more like rivals. Kaya naiilang ako.

“I’m sorry Xand, I hope you can forgive me for all I’ve done to you. Siguro, if we became good cousins, we were closed to each other more than closer to what Laurence and you had.”

“It’s okay. I forgive you. If you just give me chance to be close to you then, maybe I would have more cousins to be close with. For me it was just Xylo and I even I know I have lots of you. You were all so mean to us before.”

“We were just so envy to the both of you for having all the attention that everyone gives you. Besides, I hate to admit that you look so much adorable back then and I hate it. You know I hate too much adore.” I giggled a little. Don’t know if it runs on the blood but we hate too much adorable things. Kaya asar na asar ako noon kay Xiumin but it’s different now. I’m starting to like it even more. Huminto na kami sa pagsasayaw at narinig ko narin yung message niya. He soon leaves me and waited for another turn and there I saw Kuya Zhab.

“Happy Birthday Laur.” He handed me the peony and hug me. Wow… mas nakakailang ‘to. You know Kuya Zhab was a monster for me. Pero mas nakakatakot parin si Kuya Zhayb. It’s very awkward… too awkward just like Zhay.

“Ku-kuya Zhab?”

“Hmmm?”

“What’s with the actions? Are you just pretending and this was a sort of a prank?” Tumawa lang siya.

“You’re quiet scared are you, that I may do something to you? Who would think, I may pull the nylon strap in your dress and leave you undress at all.” Kinabahan ako sa sinabi niya kaya halos itulak ko siya palayo sakin pero hinigpitan niya lang ang yakap.

“Just kidding Laur… I wouldn’t do that. Not in this special day of yours. I know that we three brothers made so much prankness on you and we were so sorry for that. Laur… I hope you can forgive me… I would love to be one of the best cousins you could have. If you like, I would love to be your best Kuya in town.” Di ko alam pero napaiyak nalang din ako. How I love to have a Kuya. Ate nga kasi ako but I never felt the feeling to be a younger sister.