Special Chapter 2 : Tourangelle

There is something behind a flower… a flower that is believed to be given by the one meant to be her… last.

“Wow~ Mammsie… can I pick some of those peonies?” An eight years old little girl asks to her grandmom.

“Of course Xandria. Roan, help her pick some of those peonies.”

“Yes Ma’am.” Umalis na ang dalawa’t nagtungo sa matataas na uri ng bulaklak sa hardin habang pinagmamasdan ng matandang babae ang apo niyang tuwang-tuwa sa mga bulaklak.

“Zhake…”

“Mom?”

“Do you know that Xandria’s favorite flower was that Tourangelle Peony?” The man looked at his daughter who was holding lots of peony.

“Yes? Why?” The old woman looked at her son and smiled.

“There’s a belief behind that flower, son.” The man looked at his daughter again.

“Your grand-grandmom told my Mom about it. She says that, that flower was special. Whoever the first one to give that flower to her, he or she will be her last. It might be a friend… or basically, the one she’ll be spending her forever with.”

“Son…” The man looked at his mother. She smiled at him.

“When the time came she met her last, don’t stop her. Whatever happened even she finds someone else, she’ll still end up with that one. Believe me. Your daughter was very special. When you see that person Zhake, and when the time came, everything surrounding them would be special. Your daughter would feel it. She’ll feel it but won’t recognize it was already him.”

Zhake’s POV

“E? Bakit naman kailangang iba-ibang peony pa Tito? Bakit di nalang pare-parehas? E kung rosas yon, diba, iisang kulay lang binibigay nila?”

“Ano ka ba Xylo? This is your cousin’s debut. All must be best at yun ang gusto niya noong debut niya kaya gusto ko, yun din ang ibibigay sa kanya.”

“Okay? Then what will I do?”

“I want you to make them pick the type of peony they will give to Xyla. Here’s the box for peonies and here’s the box for the line up.” I give it to him.

“Pati po ba ako Tito?”

“Yes. Bumunot na si Kyle diyan kahapon pa pati mga Tito’t pinsan niyo. Sila nalang at ikaw ang hindi pa.”

“Okay, bubunot na ako~”

“Make sure to list them Xylo. I need the list. Tell them that Xytee will be the one who’ll give their peonies. Report to me the list after you go to them. You can leave now.”

“Wait lang Tito, egzoited? Inaalog ko pa nga po yung box o~” I face palmed.

“Out now Laurence or I’ll tell your Dad you’re having a crush to---”

“Sabi ko nga Tito, lalabas na. Baybie Tito. Puntahan ko na ang mga kalahi kong gwapo~” He salute and I massage my temple. That son of Zhache. Mas matured pa si Xandria sa kanya. How will we put all the responsibility of the company to him if he’s acting like that? Aish.

Sino kayang makakabunot ng bulaklak? O meron kaya? Nagpasobra ako ng lima. It depends kung may makakakuha talaga non. Kumbaga, kung nasa kanila nga ang magiging end point niya, napakapalad niya.

“Tito kong gwapo na kamukha ni Dad~!” I looked back to see him waving with two boxes. I stopped and wait for him.

“Nakuha mo ba ang list ng pagkakasunod-sunod nila’t nabunot nilang peony?”

“Yes Tito, ako pa?”

“Let me see.” He handed me his phone and I looked at the list.

“Ang swerte nga po nung huling magsasayaw kay Xyla, siya rin nakabunot ng favorite peony niya.” I gulped. Mom was right. He will be her last.

At the party… [Remember the Grayson’s Debut?]

“Hon, kanina ka pa titig sa batang yon. Anong meron?”

“Nothing. I was just… nothing. Don’t mind me.”

“You’re not telling me something.”

“I’ll tell you when the party ended.” Hindi na nangulit pa si Sherlene at titig lang ako sa batang yon. He would be my daughter’s last? Can he protect Xandria? Mom… is it really him?

The party continued until it was Xandria’s 21 Peonies dance. Everyone on the list dance her until her last dance came.

“Ang swerte ni Kuya Sehun. Siya na nakabunot ng favorite peony ni Ate, siya pa yung last dance at yung favorite song pa ni Ate yung tumutugtog.” Xytee said and I eyed to them. I saw how he looked at my daughter and how my daughter looked at him. It’s as if they were dancing and can only see nothing but each other. I sighed. It looks like he is really the one.

“Sehun Oh. You take a good care of my daughter.” I murmured.