chapter 22

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments and support!

Also, next chapter won't be out for a while becoz im going to be a bit busy over the next few days... sorryy !!!!

***

“Still feeling sick?” Joe asked as he walked into the kitchen.

I merely shrugged, taking a sip of the tea and lemon I made earlier this morning.

“Hmm, maybe you should go to the doctor. Want me to take you?” He asked, leaning against the counter, adjacent to my stool.

“No, I’ll be right.” I said meekly, taking another sip of the warm tea still in my hand.

I saw him shrug indifferently but I noticed the worry in his eyes. “Well hopefully you get better soon. Last thing you need is a headache and a saw throat.” Joe advised suspiciously, noticing my wandering eyes.

“Yeah I know.” I whispered hoarsely, taking another sip of the tea. “Though, this is helping a lot.” I motioned towards the cup in my hand.

“Hmm, well you haven’t improved since last Tuesday.” Joe observed.

“I have.” I lied, finishing off the last drop of tea. If anything, I felt more tired and light headed.

“Yeah well call it a brother’s instinct but I know you’re lying.” He declared, voice deepening. Shit!

“Joe, I don’t have time for this.” I told him truthfully. “I’ve got to finish up some work.” For the past week, Lia has been providing me all the work that I’ve missed from school, so I could catch up at home. I admit, I haven’t done much, but at least I’m doing something other than sleeping.

“Fuck it. I’m taking you to the doct—“The door bell chimed just then, interrupting Joe’s little rant about taking me to the doctors. Talk about being saved by the bell. “I’m kicking out whoever’s at the door so don’t think you’re getting out of it.” Joe threatened, narrowing his eyes at my once relieved face. Damn it.

“Oh alright, I’ll go get changed.” I admitted defeat.

“Make it quick.” He said, leaving me in the kitchen alone.

Leaving my cup on the counter, I got off my stool and walked to my dad’s room to get changed. For the past week, I’ve been sleeping in his room, which is located downstairs because of my great fatigue. Joe and Lia managed to get a few of my clothes and necessary undergarments so I was all set. I felt bad for making my dad sleep in his office, but that was his choice.

After getting changed in a pair of black slacks and my dad’s woollen jumper, I walked out of his bedroom, heading towards the kitchen. “Alright Joe, even though I think this trip is a waste of all of our time, I’m read—“I stopped speaking when I saw Matt and Joe talking animatedly. Neither of them noticed my presence so I tried to retreat as quietly as I could, back to my dad’s room.

“Not so fast Rain. Get your sick ass back in ‘ere.” Joe yelled, obviously noticing that I was in the kitchen about five seconds ago.

I took a deep breath as I gazed at my reflection in the mirror, hung against the hallway wall. Too be quite frank, I looked like hell. My dark hair clung to my face like second glue, my face was too pale and my eyes had dark bags under the lower eye lid. No wonder Joe wants me to see a doctor.

Taking another deep breath, I stood erected as I walked into the kitchen. This time, both Matt and Joe faced me, making my heart pound rapidly against my rib cage.