chapter 18

Hey guys...HAPPY NEW YEAR...it's 2011 and hopefully it's going to be a great year :)

this chapter was edited by Kate Dimka and I suggest looking at her work too...her new story is going to be entered in the watty awards for this year so vote for her story :)

okay I'll let u read the story now ... enjoy :D

****

Kissing Matt was every girl’s fantasy, and I was living that dream. Lucky me! The dream, however, was taken away abruptly when Matt pulled back. “Rain, what are we doing?” He questioned steadily through his ragged breaths. I simply shrugged, looking away from his hungry gaze and to the floor. “Rain.” He sighed and cupped the side of my face with his palm.

“Well I’m not going to give you a thousand word essay,” I retorted sarcastically, trying to hide the disappointment from my voice. And although thwarted, my heart raced in expectation for the blow.

His hand dropped from my face and he spoke in a deep voice. “Rain, how much do you like me? Is this a game to you because I need to know where we stand?” he questioned seriously.

Was he fricken serious? How could he think this was a game? “I’m not the one who kissed me in the car, the bedroom and the hallway. Not to mention both upstairs and downstairs,” I revelled slowly. Could he seriously be that thick in the head?

“I know that, but I can’t keep going behind his back.” He said softly, grabbing my hands in his and lacing our fingers together. I didn’t need to be a genius to figure out who ‘he’ was.

“Don’t you think I’m going through the same thing you are? You’re not the one living with him,” I whispered angrily. Why couldn’t we just kiss and move on? I could only wish it was that simple.

“Rain, you’re not hearing me. I need to know where we stand. I need to know because, well…” He scratched the back of his head, looking down as he tried to pull his thoughts together. My heart stammered desperately and I couldn’t hide that face. When Matt looked back up at me, he sighed. “I really like where this is going, well, where I hope it’s going, you and me.” I stood my ground, not faltering an inch as I took his hands in mine and squeezed them. And that’s when he surprised the hell out of me. “Let’s tell him,” Matt pronounced strongly and I was shocked beyond belief. Did he have a death wish?

“No! No, no, no!” That was definitely not going to happen. No way in hell was I going to let Joe find out. Well not yet anyway, not willingly.

“I can’t play the sneaky card forever. What happens when Joe starts to notice I’ve suddenly lost interest in other girls?” Matt asked smugly. I smiled in response. Did he seriously just say that? Had I finally impressed Matt? Impressed him enough so that he only had eyes for me?

When Matt realised what my smile was about, his face reddened and I chuckled loudly. “Wow, Matt. Never thought I’d see the day when I was the only one you fancied?” I teased playfully, watching Matt’s embarrassment increase, though I couldn’t help the loud beating of my heart.

“No Rain that’s not what I—” He was interrupted by the loud sound of his phone blaring in his jean pocket. He bit his lip as he retrieved it and answered without looking at the caller ID. To do this, he had to let go of my hands and when he had, I felt the emptiness almost immediately. “Yo!” I rolled my eyes. Who still answered their phone with Yo? “Um I can’t right now.” He glanced at me quickly and then turned around; a signal that he needed some privacy. I was about to turn away but then I heard Matt sigh loudly. “Listen, I’m with a mate right now and we’re in the middle of… Okay fine.” He swore loudly and I bit my lip. I didn’t want to pry but I really wanted to know who he was on the phone with. Was that the same thing? Oh well!