chapter 34

Placing a book back into my locker, I was startled when I felt a hand firmly sneak its way across my waist.

“Guess who?” A deep, husky voice whispered in my ear, a voice which sent shivers rushing up and down my spine.

“Dimitri.” I sighed dreamily, leaning my body back into Matt’s front.

“Who the hell is that?” He asked, nibbling the back of my neck lightly.

Moaning softly at the feel of Matt’s hands around my waist and his lips at the base of my neck, I couldn’t form a coherent response. Who was d-something?

Feeling his laughter against my next, I squirmed out of his grasp, annoyed at myself for falling into a lustful trance, something which was sure to override any of my sensibility, especially since I was still on school grounds. How embarrassing.

Leaving his firm grasp around my waist, he turned me around so that I could face him. “Damn it Matt. We can’t do this at school?” It came out more like a question, something which enabled Matt to smirk widely. Crap!

“Of course we can. But you do need to control your hormones when you’re around me. A teacher might walk past and give us both a detention.” I could tell he was enjoying our bantering a little too much. His dark eyes were shining with mischief, the ends of his lips were tilted upwards and I could practically make out all the little speech bubbles wrapped around his face telling him that I was under his damn control.

“My hormones?” I questioned, cocking an eyebrow. Watching Matt’s smirk widen, I came up with a quick second plan, one which was sure to make Matt suffer a little. “Maybe I’ll need you to help me control them.” I waited until the smirk fell of his face, replaced with a shocked expression.

“Wait, you’re serious?” He asked, breathless. Feigning complete seriousness was kind of easy when all I could feel was the heat of our bodies transferring between one another. It was kind of turning me on, but I couldn’t very well act on my hormones in school. No way was that going to happen. 

“Completely serious.” I whispered, trailing my hands up and down his chest, absolutely satisfied with how his body reacted to my touch.

For a second there, I felt a little smug that I was able to wrap him under my spell. For me, every day for the past few years was torture, knowing I couldn’t act upon my feelings. Well today, I could, under limited restrictions via the school system but who cares. I was excited and it was all because I was able to project such a high reaction from him, even if it was from a simple touch.

So consumed in my over excitement, I didn’t notice the little gleam in his dark eyes or the fact that he had me pinned against my locker. Frantically, I looked past his shoulder, only to notice that the hallway was completely empty. Crap, the bell must’ve rung.

“What were you trying to do to me?” He asked, tone dropping an octave.

“Huh?” Once again, I feigned ignorance, though the smirk making its way to his face told me that he knew that I was lying.

“Ray, you can’t lie to me...” His lips made its way along my jaw line, causing my breath to hitch in my throat. Not only were his lips causing my body to react in such an inappropriate way, but I wanted to know why he called me Ray. Was it his new nickname for me? “...were you trying to seduce me?”

By this point, the radical feel of his lips along my jaw line and neck were replacing all coherent thoughts from my mind.

“Come on Ray...” he whispered against my ear, tugging the edge of it in his mouth “...were you?”