chapter 17

Hey guys, this is another chapter...now I just want to say that the next few days im going to be extremely busy with new years/work/family and that so next upload will be awhile...im so sorry but I will try to upload as quickly as I can...thanks for all the support guys :)

also, this chapter was edited by kate Dimka :)

***

The blaring sound of the television met my ears as I unlocked the front door to my house.

“Hello?” I asked, voice raised a little as I started towards the lounge room. When I walked in, I scrunched up my face in confusion. There, sitting next to each other in perfect harmony, was Joe and Lia. Matt sat on the other couch, a small smile playing on his lips. I smiled back, still confused as I looked at Lia and Joe, both of whom hadn’t noticed my arrival. “If you’ll excuse me, Matt, I’m just going to walk out of the room and then come back in to make sure that this isn’t some sort of weird alternate reality.” Matt chuckled and Joe and Lia glared at my glorious quip. Who would have thought my brother and my best friend could coincide.

“We’re just taking a break,” Lia said rolling her eyes. What a common excuse. She could have come up with something better.

“Yeah and this break means Lia and I are hooking up, too,” Joe interjected as he leant towards her, puckering his lips. She moved in as well, smiling widely, and just as their lips were about to connect, Lia pushed him away laughing.

“Lia, when you’re ready, I’ll be in my room.” Joe wriggled his eyebrows at me but I ignored him and turned around to head to my room. There were a few things that Lia and I needed to discuss.

I was nearing the top of the stairs when I sensed someone follow me. I assumed it was Lia but when I turned around, Matt was looking at me, the mischievous smile I adored so much present on his face.  “What are you doing? Joe will kill you,” I whispered, glancing down the stairs. He simply cocked an eyebrow in response.

“He’s with Lia,” he shrugged, taking a step forward. I took one back, one foot on the landing.

“Not here, Matt.” I tried to reason with him because God help us, we couldn’t get caught now.

“What are you talking about?” He asked in confusion, taking another step forward. I took another one back, hitting the wall adjacent to the stairs. Well, at least we were upstairs and away from Joe.

I bit my lip as I answered him from beneath my lashes. “I think you know what I’m talking about.”

My heart bounced in anticipation as Matt looked at me with his dark brown eyes. He cocked an eyebrow as he positioned his hands against the wall, one on either side of my head. My heart raced when I noticed his pupils dilating. “Rain, I have waited all day to do this,” He whispered hungrily leaning down to meet my lips. I responded immediately, running my hands through his hair and pulling him closer. When he groaned, I smiled in delight before deepening the kiss, but just as his hands came up to cup my face, I moved away, having heard something, or rather someone, moving from downstairs.

“Rain, wha—”

“Shh,” I hushed him as footsteps hit the bottom step. Both of our eyes widened in surprise and we immediately jumped apart. “Make something up,” I urged, opening my bedroom door, which was conveniently right by us, and closing it quietly after me.  

I leant my ear against the door, hoping to hear whatever it was that Matt came up with.

“What are you doing up here?” Joe asked, sounding suspicious. Great!

“Just needed to use the bathroom,” Matt said in a loud tone, obviously knowing that I was listening in. I smiled despite the fact that our little fling might be over before it had really begun.