chapter 8

HEY GUYS this is another chapter for u lovely ppl

once again, I got this edited first b4 I updated by Kate-Dimka so check out her work too!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Hey Rain, you want to go and annoy your brother?” Lia asked as we walked and sipped on slushies. I gulped down a mouthful of the coke flavoured ice, causing an instant brain freeze.

“Shit! Brain freeze!” I yelled, and Lia took it in her stride to laugh at my discomfort. Unfortunately, I was too busy trying to rid myself of the aching pain to glare at her.

Eventually it went away, allowing me to glare at Lia, finally. It was useless though, as I couldn’t hold in my laughter for long. “That was…your face, Rain…priceless!” Lia managed to say in between fits laughter.

“You’re so funny!” I mocked, rolling my eyes at her. She winked back and I shook my head.

“I’m sorry Rain. Please forgive me?” She asked innocently.

“You’re lucky you’re my best friend. You get forgiven right away.” I said begrudgingly.

“Oh, Rain, let me make it up to you. Let’s go annoy your brother.” This was the second time she mentioned Joe.

“Why?” I asked suspiciously, as we walked past a group of guys howling and whistling in our direction. Boys! I thought. Nothing but sex obsessed savages.

“Because it will be fun and exciting and the feeling you get when you annoy someone is just amazing.” She whispered the last part quietly that I had to make sure I heard right. I noticed she spoke in a dreamy tone, but I managed not to widen my eyes in revelation.

“As long as it doesn’t result in our deaths, I’m down!” I told her after I threw my empty slushie cup into the bin.

“You’re so pessimistic, Rain. Trust me, this will be fun.” She linked our arms and hauled me towards the downstairs escalators.

“Wait, where are we going?” I asked in confusion.

“To Max Brenner of course,” she smiled brightly. I gave another look of confusion as we stepped of the escalator and onto the street, heading to the chocolate café.

“Are we going there because Joe’s there?” I asked quizzically, putting the pieces together fairly quickly.

“Well, I’m assuming so because Matt ‘checked in’ at Max Brenner on Facebook about ten minutes ago.” Way to go Facebook. You have officially made it easier for stalkers to find their prey.

“I’m pretending I’m not one of those Facebook stalkers at the moment,” I whispered, looking down at the pavement, trying to avoid all the cracks. Call me psycho, but I just couldn’t, and it was frustrating when people got in my way.

Lia pretended to ignore my last comment, jerking me to a halt as soon as we stopped at the entrance of the café. I could smell the fresh aroma of melted chocolate and cocoa powder that had been brewed, stirred and steamed with milk. “I know one of the waiters working tonight so I’ll just ask him to put us in a spot near Matt and Joe,” Lia whispered to me. I nodded, making sure not to look around for the boys and waited for Lia to ask and come back when she had an answer.

I was becoming agitated waiting for a seat, so I started to ruffle my hair a bit, moving it out of my face. When Lia came back, she looked at me then shook her head, motioning for me to turn around. I did without hesitation, and felt my hair being pulled up and then clipped together. “Thanks!” I told her as she smiled and shrugged her shoulders.