chapter 10

Hey guys! thanks for all the comments.....im like number 99 or something on the what's hot list!

Also, Kate-Dimka needs to get recognised as the editor of this story ... So thnxxxx Kate ur the besttt! ! check out her work too if u havent already!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Spill it out, Rain. I want details,” Lia smirked as we sat down in our usual seats at the back of the room.

“There’s nothing to know,” I shrugged it off, opening my book. I pulled out a pen, trying to prepare myself for a class I knew I would forget by the end of the day.

“Rain, I helped you the other night, the least you can do is let me know what went down.” I rolled my eyes at her but then remembered how rough and tender his hands were when they cupped, and stroked, my face and my heart began beating faster. I must have let my adoration show, because Lia was giggling at me. “Come on, Rain. I know you and I know something happened,” Lia spoke knowingly.

Frustrated at her perseverance, but excited to tell somebody what happened, I turned to face my best friend, insides crumbling with the need to express what had happened out loud. “He told me that I was attractive.” I blushed then, thinking of the way his dark brown eyes delved into my own as he spoke the words that I was dying to hear from him.

“Well everyone knows that you’re attractive. Why are you so shocked to hear that?” Lia asked in a low tone as Mr Hale, our history teacher, entered the room.

“Maybe because Matt was the one to say it,” I smiled widely at that thought and started scribbling in my book.

“I can’t believe it. You like Matt. Why didn’t you tell me?” Lia asked in disbelief, looking slightly hurt.

“I just wanted to keep it to myself. But Lia, you can’t say anything, please.” I turned to look at her, showing her how much I didn’t want this confession to get out. She nodded in agreement.

“Fine, I won’t say anything,” She whispered back and I smiled in response. “But do you want my help speeding up the process?” She smirked wickedly, but as I was about to respond, Mr Hale’s deep, loud voice cut in.

“Quieten down. Today we’re going to-” I zoned out completely, looking at Lia every now and then, trying to get her to stop smirking. If anything, every time I looked in her direction, it became wider, making me wonder if she was coming up with some devious plan to get Matt and me alone again.

When the bell rang, signalling the end of the class and the beginning of lunch. I could already feel the nerves building inside. What if Lia told someone about my crush on Matt? This couldn’t get out. Not only would I be embarrassed, and not just in front of Matt, but my brother Joe would kill me. Literally!

“What’s wrong with you?” Lia asked as we walked out of class together.

“Nothing’s wrong,” I squeaked. She didn’t look like she bought that lie so I opted for the truth. “I just don’t want anybody knowing how I feel about Matt.”

“Rain, trust me. I’m not going to tell anyone. So stop being nervous,” Lia assured me. It was a sunny day outside, so we made our way towards the outskirts of the basketball courts and sat down on the lush, green grass.

“I’m going to lie down and get a tan,” I said, lying on the grass and pulling my uniform dress up higher to reveal a little more skin to the elements. Luckily for me, there was no one around, so I wasn’t embarrassed if my panties were on display.