chapter 37

Looking down, I was momentarily surprised by an arm draped over my stomach. Looking to the left, I noticed black, scruffy hair spread across my pillow. I was about to scream for Joe to get his ass into my room when I remembered how I had helped sneak Matt into my bedroom last night. Lord, but I’m so glad we didn’t get caught. We would have had hell to pay.

Trying to even my breathing proved to be difficult when I felt Matt’s arm leave a trail of searing heat along my stomach until it reached the other side of my hip. Involuntarily, his fingers clenched my hip bone a little too roughly, pulling me against his side tightly.

Immediately, I let out a low shrill, not realising my mistake until he turned his head toward mine, eyes now wide awake.

“Hey.” A goofy smile took over his features, something which surprised me, considering how he fell asleep with a sad expression last night.

“Hi.” Oh Lord, did I just say hi back? I probably just sounded like an idiot just then. Good going Rain. Real smooth.

“Is this the first time you’ve slept with a guy all night?” He asked, his goofy grin widening when he saw the effect of what his question did to me.

“Shut up.” I whispered, tugging myself into his bigger frame, hiding my face from his.

I felt his body vibrating against mine, so I definitely knew he was trying to keep his laughter inside. “Hey, that’s cute.” I frowned at his choice of words. Was he insinuating that I was too innocent or something?

“I’m going to use the bathroom.” I declared, unfolding myself from his hold, leaving the bed barefooted. “Crap, the floors cold.” I quickly hip hopped to the bathroom, remembering to close the door so that Matt’s chuckling wouldn’t be overheard by say, Joe or someone else in this household.

When I returned to my room, I was surprised to see Matt’s body curled up, the blankets tightening around his frame, his eyes closed. Walking closer, I could hear his light snore, something which tugged at my heart. He was so cute when he was asleep.

Not wanting to disturb him, I wrote him a message that I will be downstairs eating breakfast and that I will bring him some with me when I’ve finished eating. I knew what he liked to eat for breakfast. It was the same cereal that Joe consumes every morning before school.

Crunching on my cereal, my eyes widened when I noticed Joe flaunting around the kitchen in just his briefs on, nothing else.

“Put some clothes on bro.” I shook my head when he turned around, shrugging like he didn’t have a care in the world.

“What are you doing up so early? It’s a Saturday.” I watched his lazy expression turn suspicious straight away. To avoid answering his question though, I looked down, crunching on more of my cereal, hoping to bid some time so I could think of a good excuse.

When I looked up at his expectant face, I noticed a number of red and purple love bites embedded all along his collarbone and neck. If that was Lia’s doing, I am going to tease her so bad when I next see her. Also, this gave me the perfect excuse to turn this into my advantage. “What’s up with the love bites? Did Lia give them to ya?” I made my voice sound playful which effectively caused Joe to redden in the face.

“What? Of course not! That’s just ridiculous.” He scuffled, shaking his head adamantly. “Really Rain; that was a stupid call.”

“Of course it was.” I rolled my eyes, finishing up the cereal and placing it in the sink.

“Whatever. I went out last night and got lucky with some gir—“

“Give it up Joe. I know you and Lia are sneaking around or something.” I could have given everything in that moment to have a cam recorder just so I could capture the expression on his face forever. It was definitely priceless.