Chapter 7: Special You

When lunch began, I headed to the library to be alone. Gohan said that he needed to go back home to finish some business of his. I'm guessing that he wanted to start on the packet that our history teacher, Mr. Kiske (keys k), assigned to us in second hour.

It's September 5th.

Today is mine and Gohan's three month anniversary. However, for some reason, I wasn't feeling as excited about it as I was on monday.

Gohan seems as though he has been trying to avoid me ever since yesterday. I mean, I only see him during school and that's about it.

Finally reaching to a bookshelf, I placed my hand on a random book and sighed.

Maybe if I wasn't so clingy I wouldn't be having a problem with the fact that Gohan wants time for himself.

Before I could pull the book out from the shelf, Ren appeared into the aisle I was in.

"Hey." He greets once seeing me.

"Oh, hi." I smile friendly.

"You know the others were looking for you. They wanted you to chill with them at the lunch table." The blonde informs me.

I shook my head. "No thanks, i'd rather be in here alone by myself."

"You always try to avoid everyone, huh?" Ren asks as if he knew something about me that he shouldn't.

This question made me uncomfortable. I slid the book back in the shelf and decided to just leave.

"Wait up!"

Ren chases after me and once he caught up, he again tried to make small talk.

"So, where is your cousin? I haven't seen him since the end of fourth hour."

"Gohan had to take care of some business. He should be back in time for biology." I answer.

Ren glanced at me then looked away. When we finally made it back to the cafeteria, most of the girls who were in there sprinted straight at him while shoving me to the side. From the looks of it, Ren looked highly irritated as the group of girls constantly kept trying to ask him out on a date.

Geesh, you can't be near that guy for a few seconds without girls flocking straight towards him like a pack of blood thirsty animals.

"Look what we have here." A voice says from behind.

I flipped around to see a smiling Videl.

"Videl, hey." I smile and wave.

"Hey." She says back.

The pig-tailed girl observed the ladies who were all circled around Ren.

"He's already popular with the girls at this school."

"Yeah." I agree. "He has been since he took a step in the building."

I noticed the group of guys gathered at a table biting on their napkins as they watched the group of girls all around Ren.

Pointing my finger their direction and chuckling a bit, I say to Videl, "Look at them over there. They look like they're going crazy not have a single girl by them."

Videl began to laugh too. "Well, they're some of the jocks at this school. The girls around Ren are cheerleaders. They all just want one of those girls to be theirs."

"What about those girls?" I point to a table where the females weren't exactly quite as pretty as the cheerleaders but seemed very kind and nice.

"Them?" Videl gives me a look.