Chapter 26: He's Here

Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, and I arrived inside some abandoned rundown home in the middle of nowhere. The building was made of wood and seemed to be in very bad shape.

"So where is he?" I asked as I looked around, "I thought instant transmission takes you directly to where the person is."

"That's what usually happens." Goku scratched his head.

I found the front door and decided to fly up to the roof—nothing was there.

Geez, why does this guy gotta leave all the time? So annoying.

As if by fate, I step back and feel my foot go further down than it should've —there was a hole on the roof!

Of course my curiosity got the best of me and I went to investigate. What I saw next literally made my skin crawl. There was someone in there with a small child who looked dead! When my foot made a creaking sound, that person quickly directed their eyes to where I stood.

 There was someone in there with a small child who looked dead! When my foot made a creaking sound, that person quickly directed their eyes to where I stood

I gasped when I saw just who was in the cabin.

"REN!"

Immediately, the boy snatched the small child in his arms and pointed his device at me. When he did, the whole roof was blown apart and I was caught in the blast. I was thrown several feet back in the air but quickly rolled a few times before straightening my body and stretching my arms out to regain my balance.

I did end up with a few cuts here and there from the wood grazing my body but other than that, I was fine. Seconds later, Goku spotted me and asked if I was fine. I nodded but then informed him about what had just happened.

"Ren! Why're you doing this?!" Goku and I suddenly hear Gohan as he spoke to what seemed like an empty dark sky.

When there was no reply, Piccolo attempted to make the kid come out of hiding by calling him a coward. Surprisingly enough, it worked. Ren appeared in front of Gohan with his device pointed right at my guy.

"My goal is to kill Thornkin and Eri..." Ren spilled the beans to Gohan.

Since I promised to keep my mouth shut about Thornkin to Gohan, the hybrid was confused as ever.

"What do you mean... Thornkin and Eri? Who are they?"

Oh boy...

"Gohan, you weren't supposed to know but... I think now may be a good time to tell you something important." Piccolo talked as he appeared to Gohan's side.

"Piccolooo." I tried to get the guy to reconsider his decision.

I floated to his right while Goku stood to Gohan's right. The hybrid looked to his former mentor.

"What are you talking about, Piccolo?"

Before Piccolo could speak, Ren answered Gohan's question instead.