Chapter 29: Cultural Festival Preperations

Chapter 29: Cultural Festival Preparations

"Get chopping, Ms. Ayame—you're moving much too slow!"

"Chop." I say as I sliced a lettuce in half.

Mr. Tsukuru glared at me, "Drop the attitude and keep working; I don't know what's gotten into you but this needs to stop right now."

"Then why don't you do this instead, Mr. Tsukuru?!" I drop the knife and head out the door.

I caused a scene but I didn't care. All I cared about was getting my sword back and getting Satomi her brother back.

I lean against the wall in the hall, watching as students passed by me with decorations of all sorts for the room they were assigned to.

They're working so hard for this event.

I cross my arms and stare at the marble floor below.

How do they expect me to do all this when I got other things to think about? I should just walk out right now and drop the stupid play too!

I hear footsteps approaching but I ignore it and kept thinking to myself.

"You look like you're having a great day."

That voice belonged to Gohan. I didn't bother opening my eyes and stayed leaning against the wall with my arms and legs crossed.

"Ah, c'mon, lighten up, would ya?" Gohan speaks again, "We have to set everything up for the festival."

I stay quiet.

I can feel the boy lean forward. I open my eyes to meet his. It almost felt like a stare down. At the same time it looked like he was trying to see if the attitude I had right now was legitimate.

He leans back and scratches his cheek, "You're definitely serious right now."

"Hmph!" I whip my head to the left.

Gohan chuckles a bit then says, "I'm helping with the set up of the play that we're going to perform. Do you wanna check it out?"

More students walk by but doesn't bat an eye on either of us.

I sigh, "Fine, I'll check it out with you."

Gohan smiles then gestures his hand forward, "Lets get going then before you get caught being in that hall by your leader."

I lean off the wall and uncross my legs and arms, "I walked out on my own; They're not gonna do anything."

"What? Don't you think you should go back in then and apologize?"

Gohan's concern was always so cute. It actually made me smile despite the attitude I was in.

"It'll be fine; I'll apologize when I get back."

He sweatdrops, "I hope.. so."

~~~~~

The auditorium was huge and already decorated. The props were getting placed in position and the background was getting set up also. There were actually a lot of students in here and I noticed that the majority of them were from English class.