Chapter 28: Tania's Pain For Wisheater

GOHAN'S P.O.V

"She's been crying in her room for over an hour now." Goten said to me as we both listened through Tania's closed door, "Aren't you going to say something to her."

"I already did but she wanted some time for herself, Goten." I replied quietly, "I never seen her cry so much over something..."

Well except for that time when she thought I died against Eternal of course...

"Let's just go get Wisheater back to her ourselves then." My little bro suggests.

I shook my head, "No can do. We tried everything we could already. We have to wait till Mamoru comes back to finish what's he's started. Until then, we gotta live our lives Goten."

"But that's so sad, Gohan."

"I know Goten... I know."

Suddenly a knock could be heard from the kitchen and I immediately head over to it and open it.

"Videl? What a surprise. What's up? How are you?" I greet as the girl once more came over.

"Hey Gohan, I just wanted to know if you would like to go over our lines for the play?" She asked.

I look back to Tania's closed room then back at my visitor, "Sorry but Tania and I aren't really available. Maybe tomorrow?"

"We're setting up for the cultural festival, remember?"

"Ehh? Really?"

"Well yeah. You must've not been paying any attention in class for the last month or so. The play we're performing will be during that event."

"You don't say..." I sweat drop.

The pig-tailed hair girl placed her fists on her hips and leaned forward, "Well? I know that you couldn't have possibly memorized your lines nor how to act them out properly. I'm here to help you so you don't embarrass yourself on the day of the performance. You and I are the lead role after all."

"I guess you have a point there..."

"Good!" Videl leaned back, "So then, where's Tania?"

"She's... not going to be able to practice with us today unfortunately."

"Huh? Why's that?"

I scratched the back of my head, "Err... it's hard to explain."

A few seconds past and Videl surprisingly didn't question anything out of it.

"I guess it's just you and me then. Where do you wanna practice?"

Since I knew Tania might've wanted her peace and quiet, I decided that Videl and I would read our scripts outside where there would be absolutely no interruptions. At least... only if Goten manages to play only indoors.

I went ahead and grabbed my script then found Videl waiting for me in the fields.

~~~~

A couple hours later and the two of us decided that we had enough practice for the day. However, throughout those two hours, Videl was rather strict with how I read my lines and performed them. At the end of the play, we knew of the kiss scene, but for obvious reasons, we didn't go through with the action.

"Acting really isn't my strong suit." I sit down on the grass as Videl remained standing.

"It really isn't but i'm sure that with practice, you'll be a great Prince Edward." She says.

"Gosh, you think?"

Videl nods.

It was quiet for a little bit.

"So... about the whole ordeal about you being The Great Saiyaman and all... I didn't mean to be so overly dramatic about it. I just didn't like that you guys kept such a huge secret from me."

I didn't know exactly what to say except for giving her a small apology.

"I'm glad to know that there are other people like me who would give their life just to protect the city and its people."

"Same here," I admit, "Your ability to take down criminals surprised me; I rarely ever see a woman fight as good as you."

Videl smiles widely then responds, "Of course i'm a great fighter! After all, I am the daughter of Mr. Satan."

I chuckle, "R-Right..."

Boy... If only she knew the truth...

"Anyway..." Videl went on, "Thanks for teaching me how to fly; I can't believe stuff like this is possible to do. I wonder if Dad can do the same but just never taught me? Maybe its a secret or something?"

"Ohh, I doubt it's any secret, Videl." I give my honest opinion.

"Well, today was a blast," Videl lifted herself in the air, "but I think it's time for me to head on home before Dad freaks out about me being gone for as long as I am. I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah, see ya soon, Videl." I say my goodbye.

The crime fighter waved then flew on home. I, on the other hand, went back home to check on Tania again. I knock on her door but receive no response. So I slowly crack open her door and saw her laying on her bed with her back faced towards me.

"Hey... I came to check on you. How are you holding up in here?" I whisper softly.

The room was a bit dark but I was able to see everything inside still.

"I don't feel like talking right now, Gohan." The girl replies with a small voice.

"You don't have to say anything. In fact, I would appreciate if you would hear me out."

Tania didn't respond so I went ahead and spoke anyway.

"Listen... I know Mamoru has Wisheater and I know you wanna save your sword from his possession but you're forgetting something: We got that Pigeon with us." I begin, "I think that bird can track down where Ren is even if Mamoru took control of his body; They still share the same soul."

Suddenly, Tania sat up but didn't look at me.

"... That bird has some knowledge about that device Ren carried out. I thin even his sister might know a little about it also."

"Satomi... she's still being watched over by Bulma, isn't she?"

Tania nods.

"Maybe I should pay her a visit."

"She won't be able to help us at the moment. She's still unconscious. We have to find the bird. It's our only chance at getting Ren and Wisheater back."

"All right then. Sounds like a plan to me." I agree.

----

A/N- A very short chapter but an update nonetheless. I hope you guys enjoyed this. Please comment and vote :) thanks for reading and have a good one.