Chapter 2: Gohan's and Tania's Rising Conflicts

A week has passed since the first day of school. By now, everyone was beginning to get adjusted to their classes. I, on the other hand, was still trying to understand the way this school worked.

As of right now, I was in my sixth period, health, doodling in my notebook as the teacher was teaching. I was trying my best to focus, but something was bugging me for some odd reason.

"It's not like you to not pay attention, Tania." I hear Sharpner quietly say to me.

I didn't say anything and just kept drawing.

A beeping sound came from Videl's watch. She pushed a button on it.

"Come in; This is Videl." She says to the watch.

"Videl, there's a grocery store that is currently being robbed!" A voice spoke back. The whole class began listening.

"Are there anybody being held hostage?" Videl replies.

"Yes." The male voice answered quickly. "About twenty or thirty people are still inside. A few are just children."

"Children?! Alright, i'm on my way!" Videl stood out of her seat. "Mrs. Watoru, please excuse me."

"Of course, Videl. I appreciate your service to this city." Our health teacher responded with a nod.

Being given permission to be excused from class, Videl ran out of the door.

"What was that all about?" I speak aloud after the door closed.

A boy with light brown hair and glasses, who was sitting on the row in front of mine, turned his head towards me fast. I believed his name was... Jeremy?

"Don't you know that Videl is a crime fighter?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, I do. But what was with her watch talking to her?"

"I know it looks like a watch but it's actually a gadget." Erasa smiled. "The cops use it to communicate with her so that she can stop the bad guys. Cool, huh?"

"The cops rely on Videl to do their work?" Gohan joined in. "Isn't that dangerous?"

"You obviously don't know what Videl is capable of, man." Sharpner leaned back on his chair with his arms crossed behind his head. "Videl could beat up anybody; including me. They say that she might be as strong as her dad."

"As strong... as her dad?" Gohan looked a little concerned.

"No way, Sharpner! Hercule is way stronger than Videl. Remember, he's the one who destroyed Cell twice." The boy with the glasses disagreed.

"Whatever, Jeremy." Sharpner disconnected himself from the conversation.

Gohan was tapping his fingers on the table. I could tell that he was worrying for our friend's safety.

"Gohan." I call.

He stopped the tapping and met my eyes.

"Videl will be fine on her own. I've seen her take down tough big guys with guns before. She can handle things herself. Trust me." I reassure him.

The demi-saiyan slightly nodded then returned his attention to the lecture.

Okay...?

~~~~~

After being gone for nearly thirty minutes, Videl finally showed up to class with only a bandage around her index finger.

"Look who's back." Sharpner points at the girl with pigtails.