Chapter 15: The Master Of The Metal Soldiers

GOHAN'S P.O.V

Tania don't worry, I'll-

A sound of trees falling alarmed me. I looked down and sure enough, I was right. I begin my descent from the sky to investigate.

"I know someone's out here! If you have business with me, show yourself."

Rustling was the only sound I could hear. The wind blew in the fields as I prepared for a possible ambush.

"Gohan?" A voice speaks from behind me.

I turn around and got into a stance.

"Uhh..." A blonde guy steps from out the shadows with a perplexed look on his face. His blue eyes made me immediately recognize him.

"Oh, its just you Ren!" I calm down upon noticing him, "I thought you might've been someone else."

"It's late, what're you doing here?" Ren asks.

"Well..." I rub the back of my head, "It's complicated. But hey, what are you doing way out here? This is the mountains, you know."

"I was looking for a herb."

"Huh? What for?"

Ren seemed irritated, "It's none of your concern."

He then reached his hand out towards me as if he wanted a hand shake.

"Hey man, congratulations on getting the lead role as Prince Edward in the play."

"Thanks." I somewhat hesitate to shake his hand.

Why do I get a bad feeling about this guy sometimes?

Ren patiently waited for a handshake. He had a friendly smile on his face.

Hmm, he's always been nice to everyone... I guess I can shake his hand.

So that's what I did. Ren's grip was firm and the handshake felt as though it lasted a little longer than it should've.

"Hey, you and Tania live together, right? How's she doing? Is she doing alright?" The blonde asks immediately after releasing my hand.

REN'S P.O.V

Again, my sister was in need of medicine. Unfortunately, ever since my last break in at a hospital, they made some special and effective security mechanism that enabled me from breaking in. Thankfully, Hato knew of a area where I could find an herb that can help Satomi.

I didn't know he was actually referring to Mt. Paozu. Maybe I could check up on the two lovers? Maybe I could plan another ambush?

Well, whatever the case, the first thing I needed to do was search for the herb and somehow make it into a medicine that Satomi could drink.

Upon reaching Mt. Paozu, I took notice of someone in the sky. That person was Gohan and he was covered with blood on his backside. With further speculation, he had a determined look on his face.

What had just happened? Well, I wasn't just gonna stand here and do nothing. I needed some answers.

To catch his attention, I needed to do something loud and distracting. I decided on using a bit of ki to chop down some trees. As they fell, Gohan caught wind of it. He dropped to the ground cautiously and demanded for someone to appear in his range of sight.

Revealing myself as innocent as possible, I managed to get Gohan to exchange a few words with me before I became way too curious about the blood stains he was trying to hide.