Chapter 24: The Culprit

A/N- Okay so I KNOOOOOOOOW it's been AGES since I UPDATED this freaking book! Idk you guys, I just didn't want to write another chapter of this BUT after watching dbs and playing the xenoverse 2 game, my love for writing this story came back! Can you believe it: IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!

Lmao, anyway, I guess it's a good thing I didn't have anyone adopting this...? But that's besides the point—I know y'all are just as excited as I am to have this book going on again. Now without further delay, I present episode- I mean, Chapter 24!

---

Chapter 24: The Culprit

I walked back and forth in my room while biting the nail of my thumb. What was I gonna do? Ren was the one who stole Wisheater—He was the one who ATTACKED Gohan that day we were supposed to go on that date!

"Try to calm down," Gohan, who sat on my bed, talks, "We'll figure this thing out, Tania."

Immediately, I gave him a glare, "How can you be so calm?!"

He jolted and kept quiet.

I only sighed and kept pacing around the bedroom. There had to be a way for us to retrieve my sword! There just had to be a way!

"If it helps, maybe we can gather up the others and tell them what we discovered? One of them is bound to come up with a good solution." Gohan suggests.

I stop my pacing and gawk at him. Immediately, tears filled my eyes as I thought about the wonderful suggestion he just had.

"Eh? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" He stood up and touched my upper arm.

I flung my arms around his neck, "Gohaaaaan, you're soooo smart! I never even thought of that! That's a great idea. One of them has to know for sure!"

As soon as I released him, Gohan had a small blush that stretched across his nose. It was about the cutest thing I've ever saw.

•••

So after we brought everyone together at The Lookout, Gohan and I explained exactly what had gone down at school earlier in the day.

"I see... so it was one of your own classmates the entire time..." Bulma crosses an arm and cups a hand under her chin.

"Hmph! Just another teenaged brat!" Vegeta grunts.

"Tania nor I ever expected it to be someone whom we saw as a friend—it was a complete shock if you ask me." Gohan talks.

Dende shook his head then said, "Sometimes it's the people you expect least who are actually the real culprits in a bad situation."

"Got that right!" Krillin joins in the conversation, "Though this is pretty far fetch if you ask me; who would've known that a classmate of Gohan's would actually want him dead. Isn't that crazy?"

"Uh-huh, definitely!" Goku nods.

I listened as everyone described how shock they were to found out that Ren was our perpetrator. After a while, the discussion got to be on my nerves.

"So how do you guys think we should handle the situation?" I get everyone back on thinking of a solution to our problems.

It was quiet for a while before Dende spoke up.

"I think you should leave this in our hands; you and Gohan should just focus on going to school and watching out for its safety while being as natural as you can. Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, myself, and the rest will sort this thing out."

"What?!" I reply, "but I want to help get Wisheater back! He needs me right now!"

"You should listen to what Dende has ordered," Piccolo scolds me, "and for future reference: Never raise your voice at the god of this world. It's absolutely disrespectful!"

"Woah now, Piccolo," Dende sweatdrops, "No need to be so harsh on Tania now; she's just concerned for a friend is all. You'd react the same way if a close friend was in danger and you had to rely on others to save them, right?"

Piccolo didn't say anything.

Dende returned his attention back on me, "Hey, I can promise you that these guys will get your sword back to you. You can trust me on that."

I look around to see that everyone but Vegeta all smiled at me with reassurance. Gohan placed his hand on my shoulder, smiled, then said, "I know these guys better than you—you can definitely rest assured that Wisheater will be returned to you in one peace."

"Gohan..."

"How about we get going now? Mom's probably freaking out that we aren't home doing our homework, don't you think?"

"Yeah..." I say before taking a deep breath, "I guess your right."

Gohan then looked to Goku, "Hey Dad, you coming with or what?"

Goku placed his arms behind his head, "Nah, I think I'll stay up here and chill with these guys for awhile. It's been quite some time since we all gathered together like this."

"No kidding." Bulma replies, "We'll catch you two later, Kay? Just make sure you guys enjoy your date later on, hmm?"

Quickly, I look at Gohan with the biggest grin I ever gave him in a while, "We're going on a date today?!"

"Eh?" Gohan blushes and rubs the back of his head, "I didn't—"

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting to go out with you again! This is so exciting! Let's get going!"

I grab onto Gohan's hand eagerly and shoot up into the sky before descending from The Lookout.

"Tania! Don't you think you're being a bit too enthusiastic?!" I could hear Gohan say as we flew.

"Aww, I know you got homework and all but a date couldn't hurt, could it?"

"I guess not..." The half-saiyan replies, "Let's just try to get back home then before it gets all dark, okay? I don't want Mom slamming a pan on my head again..."

"Kay!" I agree before grinning like an idiot.

It was about time Gohan and I got to go on another date.

----

A/N: I would like to thank so many of you guys who stayed loyal to this story lol! So many if you guys insisted and encouraged me to continue writing this because you were in love with the plot and characters. I just want you guys to know that you'll be getting a BIG treat this Christmas from me! I'm glad to be writing this again :) thanks so much again. Please comment, vote, and have a great day everyone