Chapter 2

As the sun set the air became gradually cooler but still the heaviness remained, I'd be glad to finally have our baby in my arms. I could see Keyan coming back from a run from the bedroom window seat. The window itself was wide open letting in the little breeze. He looked up just before he stepped onto the porch. I could hear his footsteps coming up the stairs and finally into the bedroom. He leaned against the doorway grinning over at me. "God you are beautiful," he came over to me and leaned down to give me a long drawn out kiss. The baby began kicking causing me to groan. Keyan went down on his knees putting his hands on my belly, "I bet it won't be long at all till you're out here with mommy and me."
"Let's hope not too soon, there's still a few more weeks and I'd like to go full term." I put my hands over his smiling. "Oh we got you something," I pushed myself to my feet and began waddling across the room.
"Hold on tell me where it is and I'll..." he began to say.
"No," I groaned a little "it's for you so relax, I've got this." I managed to get over to the chest of drawers and open the top drawer. Inside was a parcel and small card, which I retrieved and waddled back over to Keyan with. Sitting back beside him I handed him the parcel and card.
Opening the card he read aloud, "to soon to be daddy." He smiled warmly before opening up the parcel and lifting up a t-shirt. "Alpha?" He looked puzzled, until he lifted out a baby grow that said 'alpha in training'. "Aw these are so nice, he's gonna love it."
"Katie and I thought they'd be perfect," I couldn't help but grin. I was probably the luckiest girl in the world to have Keyan.
He looked down at me after putting the shirt and baby grow back in the parcel. "If you weren't ready to pop I'd take you over to that bed and...." he didn't need to say anything else as he leaned in and kissed me slowly again. Sighing he whispered "nothing will top our first time though, you were perfect."
I kissed his chin, "you were perfect. You showed me what it's supposed to be about. You made me feel more loved than I could ever feel."
Tears spring to my eyes which he noticed instantly, "hey what's wrong?"
I shook my head with a chuckle "nothing, it's these dam hormones." He laughed too and held me close one hand over my belly.
After a few minutes he stood up holding out a hand for me, I took it and he pulled me up gently. I wouldn't say he was normally heavy handed but he seemed to be treating me like a china doll. It was understandable when I reminded myself he was gonna be a dad for the first time and we'd only had a short time together, and that wasn't even mentioning the danger that was on the way with the council. "Let's get some sleep before that heat starts again," he kissed my forehead and led me to the bed. I was already in a nightgown so he helped me up under the single sheet we'd been using since it was so hot. I then watched him as he stripped off to his boxers and climbed in beside me. It wasn't long and I could hear him snoring adding to the night chorus. I knew I wouldn't sleep, I had been struggling to sleep for a while now as worry seemed to encase my every thought.