Chapter 27

Donald scrubbed his hands all the way up to his elbows, freshly peeled out of his scrubs he turned to give us the obvious cause of death. "Well I don't need to tell you what happened," he sighed before checking the report he'd written then handing it to Keyan. "Brutal really but as with any death we need to talk to the next of kin."
Getting to my feet I rubbed the bridge of my nose "I'm not sure Eve will care at all," I said bluntly.
Raising an eyebrow Keyan said "she still has the right to say what happens to the body." He turned back to Donald nodding a thank you before taking my hand and leading me outside. After shutting the door Keyan spun me to face him. "What was that?"
"I don't know I guess I don't think he deserves any thought," I hadn't even realised I was angry.
Cupping my face Keyan leaned down pressing his lips against mine, "I know you're angry but we have these rules for a reason. I love the sweet you, please don't let him, even dead change you, please."
I pressed up into his lips returning the kiss, "I'm sorry."
"You don't need to apologise, I just worry okay" he kissed my forehead. It still fascinated me how easily he banished building fear, pain and anger from the depths of me. "Do you want me to get Eve?"
"He's dead, in there?" Eve stood leaning against the morgue building. "Sorry I just was waiting for you two to finish."
Keyan and I stood side by side, "yes did you want to see him?"
Shaking her head she stood up straight "no. It's definitely him right?"
We both nodded to confirm her question. Keyan forced a smile "what would you like to do with the body? I know you may not care for him but we always ask the next of kin what they'd like to do." He was trying his best to word things as best he could. Glancing to me to check he'd made it clear in a good way.
"Traitors are burned," Kelvin appeared crossing his arms "I don't mean to speak for you." Eve visibly blushed making me grin, it was so sweet the pair of them.
"You're only speaking out loud what I'm thinking." They'd bonded insanely quickly, spending every moment since the battle together. "Amy, Luna I'd like his body cremated if that's okay?"
"Of course," I gave a brave smile noticing Kelvin taking Eve's hand the same way Keyan always did to reassure me. Walking over to Eve I whispered "if you want to go see him, it might help to say all you've wanted to him." Turning back to Keyan I called "come on I need some sleep."