Chapter Thirty: Flying Session

So, next morning didn't go as planned to be... Since Snowflake is back and my powers are fully regained we decided on heading over to my childhood land.

     Now that I have full control over the  Escape Land once again, it'd make a safer place than keeping Pixie Hallow at risk of another invasion because of our stay.

     Last night I didn't sleep much. Everybody was drowned in their blankets. I hooked my self up with Snowflake and went for a spin.

     After my father's retreat I realized that frantically I'm not comfortable with any of this. It's not that I don't like my family.. it's just weird.

     Being a sorceress and all, meeting them again, getting into battle,.. it's odd. I mean the only two I am comfortable around these days are Snowflake and Leo.

     Of course Izzy as well, but right now she's busy with her own kind. Helping them out here and there. In the end it's also her responsibility.

Hhhh, who would have thought she is Mr. Joshua's eldest daughter!

     A few hours went by till we landed and started setting up for our stay cause it looks like we're going to hide out here for a while. Building cabins is ironically easy when you're a sorceress! So we settled on three cabins. One for Laurence and his parents, another for aunt Gloria and Izzy after she finishes with her duties, and one for mother and I to keep company.

     I changed into something more fitted for a flight and stepped outside our cabin greeted by my dear uncle Charles roar in the morning.

"Too Late Missy! You to Mister fancy pants. Now get in position before I change my mind."

     Looks like he haven't got his morning coffee yet. Leo seems to agree on that. We each stood in position by the side of our creature.

"Alright, listen up! Today you're taking flight lessons. No, not like the little pony rides you have for Fun with your creatures. Something that's actually useful in the war zone and won't end up killing the both of you."

Wow.. he's grumpier than ever.
What's with that strict tone of his?

We already know that a war is coming up and that we have to be fully prepared for it, but how bad could a war be?

     Uncle Charles cleared his throat waking us up from a slumber.

"As I was saying, there are only two types of bonding. The Genetic one and the Soul one. You already know how to use the genetic bond when you mind communicate with us. As for soul bonding it is found between you and your creature. You have also used it to communicate with them. It is very.. Very Rare to attain both types of bonds, especially between two enchanters or sorceress!"

     His last note left a wacky smirk on his face looking at us oddly skeptical. King Charles raised a hand signaling as we took off followee by Xailock. Though he kept a distance from us his voice echoed like drums in my ear canals!

"Like I already said, you have a soul bond with your creatures. Now use that for your defense!"

Use it for our defense?
From What!?

     Suddenly a huge fire blast shot striking in our direction!

Did Xailock just breathed that Out?!!