Chapter Seven: We Meet Again

Miss Featheren slim smile softened similar to her twinkly deep blue eyes. "Come here, silly girl. Uhh.. you never grow up, do you!?" She giggled calming my intense nerves.

     It was as if I got intranced! A moment ago I was wimping like a child, but now I feel.. safe.

     Her gentle touch on my cheek.. brushing my hair.. humming that same old childhood song as I drown into sleep resting my head on her lap is just.. just.. so peaceful!

Although I wish it lasted...

     That night ended up to be the Last Night I had with my mother or.. dare I say Aunt Eleanora !?

*Next morning.

"WOW!! These Icy pops taste awesome!"

"Get your head out of that freezer! Girl; you really like the cold, don't you?"

     Miss Featheren invited Destiney for breakfast. A bright smile lighting up her face. Showing off those slightly wrinkled lines outlining her corner eyes and dimpled smile.

     Oh.. that sent of eggs and bacon in the morning! Mmm yummy!! No time to waste!

     I jumped right onto my meal enjoying that delightful taste of crispy bacon!

"By the way, I'm headed down town. Still searching for a replacement to that vase Leo broke last week!"

     I threw in a quick smirk, "Yeah... Leo is the one who broke it."

"Watch it missy!", She hissed back at me.

Hmm.. okay got it. Not in the mood for puns then.

"Hhh okay, can I come with?"

"NO!" mother said at once. But if begging was an option, I'm willing to take it. Even if it does annoy her...

"Please...!!"

Of cours, she refused.

There were some Strict Rules we follow in this house.

Means, No running outside, No singing, No watching fictional movies, No playing or sneaking on the roof, and the Top Winner is...

NO meeting or speaking to any one other than Mrs. Featheren and Leo.

This isn't fair!
I mean why am I always imprisoned here.
So what if I met other people or played outside.

What's the worst that could happen!?

     I finished off my breakfast then silenty went to clean the dishes defeated

"That's a good girl. I expect to see you well behaved when I return. I won't take long." Miss Featheren said grabbing her keys.

"Yeah sure; Have fun!" I replied enthusiastically waving her goodbye. A mischievous smile creeped as I watched her figure slowly disapear out through the door.
Echoing in my mind 'When you return that is...'

     She faded into the woods riding her car down the road and I didn't even think twice!

"Comm'on Leo! Race you to the roof!"

     I ran as fast as I could, jumped strait out of my window reaching the roof edge and climbed faster than a squirrel on a tree!

"Oh there you are! Thought you wanted to race?" Leo smuggled his victory proudly yet acting casual as it was nothing out of the ordinary.