Chapter Sixteen: Surrender

Oh please don't give me that look.

     He squeezed my wrist even tighter!

"Leo please, let me go. I don't want you to get hurt because of me!"

"Are you out of your mind! There's no way you're going with him." He glared at my side which is by now far worse than it was.

"Leo Please! Just trust me!" I caught his hand and snatched it off my wrist.

"But.. but you can't! You promised me! You won't let go!"

     His expressions were all blank. Then Pale as if life drained out of him. Then all mixed up! I reached the cut on his cheekbone fading it away healing, wispering gently into his ear, "I'll never let go, my love."

     Walking slowly towards King Charles, I noticed his dark stare towards Leo and it wasn't comforting.

"Princes, I believe you're forgetting something." He smiled wickedly protesting, "I clearly stated, kill me or he gets it. If you are willing to come with me, then kill him! It's only one of us."

"What! NO! That.. that's unacceptable! I'm willing to come with you just leave him alone! He is no threat to you. I'm what you want!"

"Fine then. If you won't do it then I will. Surrender Averen. Better him die on your hands than on mine. Consider it... a mercy for him."

I knew you were going to play that filthy trick on us.
So did Leo.
Playing games Uncle Charles.
Bad mistake.

     He lifted his sword up feasting hungry eyes on Leo.

What the hell is that spell made of?!
Wake up already it's your Son!

Alright, now is our chance!

"Xailock! Time to play boy!" He lifted his head up excitedly and flew right into Uncle Charles throwing him off balance.

"HEY, you stupid bird! What's gotten wrong with you!!?"

Hmm, looks like a nerve budged over there.
Hhhh; lets make it count then!

Why don't we have some fun while we're at it?!

Shall we!!

"Hey Uncle Charles! Why the lumpy face? Don't you wanna Play? Guess what, this is my place and I play by my rules."

Comm'on get more furious!
Show me your rage!
Burst with violence!

Give it your all.

Hhhh, Laurence seems to be enjoying the show him self.

Well, how about he joins us?!

"Hey Leo!" I winked him from afar and jumped off the edge. Xailock caught me mid-air and started twirling swiftly. Just like the old days.

Hhhh, you still recognize me Xailock!

     If there is one weakness the Great King Charles has, is that he is The Worst at dealing with swift movements. Forcing power into a move won't do good for him this time.

Boy he's mad! He is trying so hard to strike us!

Defeated by your own phoenix. Yup, better hope he won't actually kill us after this.

"Hhh, alright lets do this!"

     Uncle Charles came storming right at us! "STOP this non-sense Right Now! Or die trying."

"Yeah.. yeah stop nagging." Okay all of this killing stuff is getting old to me.

One touch and that's it.
You're done for.

Here goes nothing.

     My bruises are burning like hell. That wound is still getting deeper the harder I fight. I'm only moving by pure adrenaline right now, but if it all means stopping this nonsense I'm Willing To Take My Chance!

     We reached a point were Xailock threw me off his back landing right atop Uncle Charles partially knocking him out.

     I used to enjoy jumping on him so much! For some reason his massive build always made him appear like a giant trampoline in my eyes! Even now!

     He tried to throw me over "Hhhh, Too slow father!" Leo had already grabbed him hold!

"You Little..." he stopped yelling at us inhaling a deep shock of relief.

     It worked! "Welcome back uncle Charles!" I stepped back removing my hands from over his chest.

"Wha.. what the..?" he collapsed right when Leo caught him to his feet. Still enduring dizzyness from that breaking fall.

"Yeah sorry about that..."

Hey, he left me no choice. I've got a slash on my side cause of him.

Hhhh, Leo seems quite happy to see his father came back and no one got killed. Thankfully!

     I stood up and looked around.
This place.. my home. It's a disaster.

     Izzy appeared flourishing joyfully from between Asher's feathers till she noticed my long miserable stare into the land. Uncle Charles got better in no time and stood joining me.

"I'm sorry Averen. I.."

     I paused him at that note. His hand placed on my shoulder comforting.

"It's..okay. Just don't mention it." I responded back.

     Leo came closer, concern showing on his face, "You okay Averen?"

__________

♡Hello there! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!
♡What do you think the next adventure will be like? Share in the comments!
♡Have a nice evening!!💙🌹🌹