Chapter Eleven: The Spell

A/N: This chapter is from Eleanora's point of view.

*Nine years ago.
*Averen, age 7.
*Safe house.

"Where in the world does that girl run off to! Can't she just stay in place!"

I am seriously gonna have to stabilize that freakin' spell already.

"Mother, Averen is in the back yard. Don't worry, this place is safe." Laurence tried to sooth me calm.

Oh my sweet boy, always being protective aren't you.

     Raising a gentle palm to brush that stubborn dust off his nose, my voice dialed an octave lower. In a very calm intimidating tone asking, "Laurence? If I told you that you're gonna have to shape shift into someone else so that.. she wouldn't recognize you, would you do it?"

I want to see what he has got to say or rather what his act would be in such a case.
Consider it a small genuine test for the little prince.

Now how would a child find balance between emotions and duties?
More importedly as an upcoming king.

Inspire me Laurence.

     Without even responding Laurence shifted into a Lion form, but wasn't able shift his wings. So he left them loos dripping like royal silky gowns behind him. Retracting them into his back is a bit hurting more of an annoying sensation.

     My brows furrowed a tight knot attemting to comprehend his desission, "A lion? Why? I don't understand."

"She will!"

     The winged lion rushed to the back yard without hesitation getting himself caught off by a hollering storm of shockness. Laurence froze there speachless, his own eyes daring him to drift away from this angelic sorcress. Eleanora soon joined him on the porch and just stood there jaw dropped in shock as well.

This place was a hell!
We literally just moved to a catastrophe fleeing from an invasion!

H..How is she doing this!?

     Still staring at that magestic creature before me who is my niece, I gulped down that tight knot of fear in my throte threatning a quivery voice out, "Laurence, do you know any thing about... this!"

He spends almost all of his time with her.
Surely he knows atleast something!

     Innocently stuttering over his own words, "She Purified It! She purified this area! Even better, it's... it's a heaven! Mother look, there is no fog, no darkness, no dead trees... This place is alive!" Laurence spoke breathless. Astonished!!

     The shape shifted boy ran down the back yard towards his beuty cheering her on!

     Her heavenly voice singing angeliclly as she dances the minutes away on her tipy toes. Puddle after puddle elegently skipping over some and splashing savagly in others. Under those soft rainy droplets, her calm arms swing gently in the open air, widely greating that ice cold wintery breez spicking those rosey cheecks numb, and bringing back life to the earth underneath.. she's beautiful.

     Finally breathing again, "Hhh! you can't help it, can you Averen?" After being deeply entrance by a marvelous instrument of nature playing freely; I murmured to my self keeping a close eye on the kids.

My son, it's true that you're only a ten year old, but she is right!
You do have a heart of a lion.

That's why you willingly shifted into a lion form for her and not into another man form.