Chapter Twenty-Three: My Snowflake

Izzy and Charles were still keeping watch!

"Alright I'm getting bored now, that's it for today. Lets break this party apart!" King Charles proposed delightfully to Izabella.

     Izzy moaned complaining pulling on his hair, "Aww comm'on let them off the hook for a bit longer. I'm not a fan of your son, but I am for Averen."

"Aww! Fine, alright.. 2minutes Only! Then we're on to them. Deal?"

"Deal! See, that wasn't so hard."

     Charles started grumbling weird ancient phrases pissed by Izzy till she dropped a massive blob of water over his head!

"What The! You petty pixie.. Come Back Here!" Charles steamed up with rage chasing Izzy up the waterfall.

     By the time they reached the peak, his movements and heavy breathing made him appear no less than a death machine coming right at us!!

"YOU!!" uncle Charles growled at me pointing a finger in our direction!

"Umm.. how about that jump?" I didn't even dare shifting away from his gaze. Whispering to Leo from over my shoulder seems safer.

     Izzy was hiding in between my hair! I thought he was growling at Me not her! How tinny is that girl?!

"I'm in. Jump!" Laurence took my hand and we jumped of the edge.

Not for suicide...

This time it felt just like the old days!

...but with a little spark.

     Night fell upon us and we headed back to sleep. Leo and uncle Charles decided to take turns to stay on watch. I couldn't sleep, neither did Leo and it was uncle Charles turn to watch so...

"Leo?" I slipped a small whisper to him hoping he's still awake. Laurence turned to face me and Izzy, "Yes?"

"How did you figure that uncle Charles was going to invade us? Isn't this place supposed to be under my control?"

     Curious, I already knew the answer. I remember what happened that night; but I want to know his answer.

     Laurence seemed hesitant to let it out. He put a hand on Asher's silky feathers sighing, "I know buddy.. we miss her too."

     It took him a while studying my expressions till he finally spoke, "I figured, since Asher was the one kept here safe then they must have taken Snowflake instead."

"WAIT!! You mean that feathery creature belongs to Averen!" Izzy stood awake her complections all mixed up. I opened my palm allowing Izzy to rest as I questioned her about Snowflake.

     Izzy tried to recall every thing about Averen's creature, but not much. "I've only seen her once before I was send searching for Averen. Master Charles wouldn't allow me to come near her!"

     Laurence straitened his posture questioning "Master Charles?"

"I.. I mean King Charles. Yeah.." she seems goofy all of a sudden.

     Out of a blur, uncle Charles sat joining our talk, "You really can't keep your mouth shut, can you Izabella? Ugh.. guess it's alright if they find out now. Izabella used to work for me before I sent her searching for you."

     Izzy was delighted that Master Charles got this off her chest and didn't scold her for babbling out their secret.

So that's why they were getting along too fast !!

     She hopped off my palm and onto his shoulder a bright smile drawn on her face.

"Okay? About Snowflake do you recall anything about her, father?"

"Torture.." That's all he said.

     I already knew she was being mistreated or else he wouldn't be able to come here by minipulating our magical bond. She's part of me that means she also has an influence on this place. In other words if you pull the right strings, access can be gained through her.

     Then he continued, "You're growing stronger Averen. Even faster than your age. While Snowflake is growing weaker over there.."

"We lost balance." I cut him off.

     That's why I grow tired easily when I use my magic. I need her back! I can feel her agony. She's breathing onto my heartbeat. I can't leave her with them like that.

     Laurence put a hand on my shoulder calming me down, "We'll get her back. She won't stay there to exploit with her powers any longer."

"It's not that easy boy." Uncle Charles warned us. He have seen what my father is capable of. Uncle Charles didn't allow Izabella to meet the creature because he didn't want that misserable picture of it stuck haunting her mind.

"I don't want to alarm you Averen, but she's slowly loosing her light."

I know...
I wouldn't have tried to kill my self if she wasn't hurt.

     It's not just my pain that I feel, it's mostly her and if they want to hurt me they can torture her as much as it takes.

     There is no difference between her and me. We are one, we breath as one, and feel as one.

"But if master was able to come here, how about the others? Won't they try to invade us too?" Izzy stood up frightened pointing out.

"I Don't Care! I'm getting My Snowflake back! We're no longer safe here.."

__________

♡Hello!
♡Hope you enjoyed reading.
♡How do you think Averen is going to tetrieve her creatire AKA Snowflake?
♡Thank you for your support!
♡Have a nice day!!💙🌹🌹