Chapter Fourteen: The Fight Begins Now

We didn't even get a chance to reach Asher! Out of a blur, a massive well fashioned man stood before us. He was un armed, but my heart rate was racing. As if warning me it's gonna burst out of my chest at any second now!

"Hello Averen! I am deeply sorry we couldn't speak last time we met. There were some.. interruptions perhaps I might say. No need to worry; they have been well taken care of. Now we can finally meet properly, since I believe you don't remember who I am. Am I correct?"

     He spoke to me so calmly. So well mannered almost lifeless! He's a walking devil! I.. I don't want him here. How did he follow us? It's impossible! I control this place! He shouldn't be here.

"Stay away from her, Father." Laurence stood shadowing over me holding his sword up. Growling madly at his father, he dared the man to break his order. Opposing death glares till someone breaks.

"Oh, if it isn't my son. How lovely to see you again. Now move aside before I cut your head off! You know how nice I could be; better than snapping it and have you endure the sweet pain." He's speaking so coldly to him! He must be one of the controlled saucers.

"Over my dead body."

What!
No, what are you saying Leo!!

Get out of here he wants me.
Don't put yourself in between!

"Suit your self."

     Enviromental chanjes can happen. Globbal Warming can happen! But Hell This Ain't Normal! The sky turned black above us illuminating both of Leo's and Asher's mark. Now it's crestal clear to me. These are the symbol of a phoenix! The man had one too, but on his left shoulder.

     One by one, the trees, the plants, everything slowly corrupted. I can hear their agony! Their despirate screams for help. Even the air was choking on it self.

     My heart twisted, I'm connected to this place. It's a part of me. I.. I won't just leave it to die!

"Look at this wrecked place Averen! Look closely at what will happen to.. your friend." His devilish smile turned into that of a wicked gaze rotating to land on the target. The eldest Heartking prince.

"NO! You won't hurt him! You won't hurt any of my family any more! I won't allow it."

     Even if I don't remember who I used to be, I know who I am now! I'm Averen Heartking and no one is going to hurt the ones I keep in my heart. No name can change who I trully am. I Will Fight Back!

     Grabbing Leo's hand firmly, my vission shoved back to the edge of the waterfall not giving the man a second glance. No more hessitance. No more fear or hiding.

"From now on any time you feel scared or need help just grab tight to my hand. Deal?"

     I remember it now so vividly. I promised I won't let go! We made a deal that any time you needed help or felt scared you'd hold my hand Leo. This time... I'm the one whose holding on to your's. Looking back at Asher, he seems to understand me.

I'm sorry Leo.

I'll never let go and will always stick by your side annoying you, but this time you're the one whose gonna let go of my hand.

I need you to stay safe.
I want you to let go of me.
You don't need me any more. No need to hold my hand, or any ones.

Just for now! Only this instance!
I want you to escape. Not me!
This is my fight!

     Izzy kept hidden in between Asher's feathers out of sight. Now it was only the two of us. Face to face with that devil of a man.

"Now Asher!" I jumped off the edge pulling Leo down with me. Asher hurried right after us, but to Leo's surprize the creature caught one person. Our hands let go.

"Averen..!" Leo didn't know I was going to jump. He didn't know that our hands would let go mid-process. He just got snatched by his own phoenix away from me.

     I hit the waters.. no pain at all! This place, it's deeper than an ocean!

Now where is that shimmer?

I know my self and I'm gonna tell that to my self till the day I die.

A place so precious to me like this, if I had something crucial to hide then this is the place.

     I swam deeper and deeper. Bubbles danced upwards like tiny stars as I breathed smoothly under the water. I reached the bottom in mere seconds but it felt more of an eternity!

     This shimmer, I can feel it closer. I've held it in my hands before. I made it my self!

My sword!

     It spoke to me the moment I touched its blade. Down into the core of my thoughts, it came back rushing like a flood of memories.

     The invasion. The lands. The soldiers, sorcers, families, creatures... all of them.

     My own mother; her shriek and the look in her eyes as I got ripped out of her arms.

     My Snowflake. My own birthmark creature taken away from me tormented into a cage, and I.. I got stabbed right in the heart. Thrown to the ground facing my death coldly.

"Break that curse! Shatter that barrier! Avenge us all!"

     I broke that curse. I will shatter the barrier. And I Will Avenge Us All!

"Show your true power. Saur your wings open."
"Fight Back!"

I Will.
The fight begins Now!

__________

♡Hello, hope you enjoyed this chapter!
♡Now the adventure will actually begin!
♡What do you think will happen next? Share in the comments!
♡Have a nice day every one!💙🌹🌹