Chapter twenty one: ♥the revelation♥

I had this morning's class with ivy and Daniel and they couldn't take their eyes off the each other.

And I figured something out, I wasn't jealous.

I think I'm getting over that fact and all I ended up doing was awwwns and awwwns.

Essa and Emily decided to meet up at Emily's house to decide what what to this night wear to Michael's birthday party, one of the scorpion cult members.

I was invited also but I couldn't go, my parents are coming back today and we have to have dinner together.

'I wish you could come too'. Essa pouted.

'I wish that too but family first'.

'You're right, enjoy your dinner and say hi to Mom and dad for us'. Emily said pulling Essa along with her.

'Essa come on, move your heavy butt'.

I bent over laughing at my best friends who always do everything to annoy each other.

I checked my time, Mr Richards was 15 minutes late, and it's unlike him.

I wait for 2 minutes more and was about trekking home was I heard a car hoot.

'Mr Richards?'.

'Good afternoon miss, I'm so sorry, I had to go pick your parents'.

'OK, it's fine then'.

I entered the car excitedly. I was going to see my parents after many months.

If only I knew how my happiness would change so soon.

'Mummy!!'. I screamed and hugged my mom.

'How are you, darling'.

'I'm fine, mom'.

'I've really missed you'.

'I've missed you too, baby'.

'Won't you come greet your dad?'.

'Daddy!!'.

I jumped at him and he carried me and twirled.

'I've miss you sweetheart'.

'I've missed you darling'.

After so many 'I miss yous', we settled down to eat the food prepared by Nana.

Anytime my parents comes back from their long journey we always eat with Nana's family and Mr Richards.

I knew Mr Richards has a son about my age and anytime my parents asked him to invite his family he usually says his son won't come.

But today it was different.

'David?'. My mom called Mr Richards by his first name.

'Yes ma'am?'.

'Is your son coming today?'.

'Yes ma'am'.

'OK, then. I can't wait to meet him'.

Wow! The idea of his son coming didn't appeal to me after all he hadn't honoured my parents invites all these years.

Knock! Knock! Knock!. We heard a knock at the front door.

'Oh, that should be him'.

'Yes'.

'Nana, will you please open the door for him?'.

'Sure madam'. Nana stood up and headed to the door.

She opened the door and ushered a blond thin teen inside, his head was bent like he was being led to be slaughtered.

Nana ushered him to an empty spot directly opposite him.

He still didn't look up, he didn't even acknowledge my parent's presence.

Wait, his hair looks familiar.

'Err.....can you raise your head a little so we can see your face?'. My mom asked.

He didn't move.

His dad tapped him many times yet he didn't raise his head.

Anger rose inside me.

How dare he come here and act stubborn?

If he didn't want to come he could have stayed at his house not come here and putting us in an awkward position.

'What's wrong with you?'.

'If you didn't want to come here you could have stayed at home and not bother coming'. I spat angrily.

He raised his head slowly until his deep blue fixed on mine.

I gasped.

'Aiden?'.

*******