• Chapter 23 •

So I'm back after 10 months, hope you enjoy.

•*•*•

Having a friend is a good thing, it means you have someone to talk to, have fun with, and be yourself with. Meaning not having to hide all your dirty little secrets or shameful actions for. It's good, really. Louis knew how it felt now, for the first time in 3 years. He just hoped Niall wouldn't ditch him for some time, which he had promised he wouldn't. But you know, Louis, being the broken boy he is would probably end up screwing things over, as usually.

Louis actually smiled a bit, it was weird really, having the cold metal against his wrist usually didn't lighten up the mood. Niall did though. The things he had said today had really affected Louis in a good way. Not good enough to prevent him from slicing up his arm though, but it was something. And something was always better than nothing, Louis had learned.

He was supposed to text Zayn too, or talk to him or whatever. He wasn't in the mood though, he felt it would be more convenient of him to lock himself up in his bathroom with only some music flowing out of his cellphone and a razor. Maybe he prioritise things wrong at times but really, did he ever do anything right?

Louis let the sharp object dance over his pale arm, every now and then pressing it into his skin to feel that pain but also relief wash over him. He loved the feeling. Maybe he could class this as one of his shameful pleasures?

Louis was surprisingly calm this time, he didn't want to think too much about what happened in the cafeteria today. He just enjoyed the feeling of quiet music and somewhat happy thoughts.

Louis closed his eyes as he put a lot of pressure onto his skin this time, biting his lip in the process. Oh how he loved it, he couldn't deny it. Louis lifted the blade and sliced one more bit before he threw the razor away and smiled happily to himself. Power being the only emotion he felt.

He cleaned up and went into his room again, his bed wasn't made and clothes were literally taking up the whole floor. Careless, he thought as he shoved himself onto the bed and closed his eyes, done with the day.

***

It was around 9 pm the same night Louis woke up by a far too loud ringing sound. He made a not so wild guess and stretched his arm for the phone, hoping it was his phone that was making the irritating noise and not his mums or sisters meaning he would have moved in vain.

He was right he understood as he clicked on the answer button without looking and the noise stopped and a familiar voice filled his head.

"Hi," he said with a too shy voice for Louis liking.

"Zayn, why're you calling? It's in the middle of the night," Louis stated, half asleep.

"Actually it's only 9 o'clock but whatever floats your boat," he said, giggling a bit at the end.

"Oh, well that doesn't answer my question anyway, why are you calling?" Louis asked, letting a loud yawn leave his mouth. He didn't even care to sound strong or angry, he was tired as fuck.

"I kind of had some glasses of vodka and I'm feeling really drunk but I just wanted to tell you that Harry's has a dick," he said.

Louis laughed, "Yes Zayn, I know he has a dick, you must be really drunk. . ." Louis said. He then turned over to his side and curled up into a fetal position, trying to keep himself warm in the chilly November weather.

"No, wait, I've got it wrong. . . I was going to say something else. Hmm. . . Oh, I know! I was going to say he is a dick, not has a dick," Zayn's drunken voice said over the phone.

Louis smiled a bit, "I know Zayn, I know. But I think it would be best if I just hung up now, you won't remember this in the morning anyway. And I'm sorry about Liam, I really am," Louis confessed. It was the first time since the bathroom incident he even uttered a word about him to Zayn, he kind of felt bad.

Louis quickly hung up before he could answer though, it wasn't fair to talk about Liam with him being drunk. They were going to talk more about it later, though. Right now Louis needed some sleep.

*

Louis was stepping out of his car the next day when he was met with a pair of big blue eyes.

"Whoa, hi Niall. Where did you come from?" Louis asked as he picked up his backpack from the passenger seat.

"I was actually waiting for you," Niall said, "there's this thing, uh. Some guy named Luke is throwing this massive party tonight and I feel really stupid for asking you since last time but I know you have a lot to deal with right now and I thought it would be pretty nice to drown our sorrows in some alcohol? Maybe it's just stupid but they do it on The Vampire Diaries and I don't know. Are you up for it?" he asked, his head low as he didn't dare to look into Louis eyes.

"Uh, you know what happened last time, Niall," Louis said, sighing over the memories from the last party at Ashton's house.

"Yes I know and you know how sorry I am about that but I promise you to not leave your side during the whole night, okay?" Niall asked hopefully. Louis couldn't say no, a good friend would say yes without any hesitation and Louis couldn't afford losing Niall. He was the only thing he had left.

"Of course, Nialler," Louis said as he clapped him on the shoulder. Oh god, what had he gotten himself into?

•*•*•

SOME SHIT WILL GO DOWN AT THE PARTY, JUST SAYING

UH, so I updated and I know this chapter sucks and whatnot but I just have to get into the whole writing spirit and then it'll be all good. Thank you so much for your lovely comments though, I read every single one of them. And sorry if there are any huge mistakes, I spent 6 hours reading and editing almost the whole story and then writing this chapter. It's currently 3 am and my neck and back hurts, goodnight lovely people.

Wattpad didn't want to post this chapter as you probably could tell but yeah.. I think it'll work now