Part Sixteen

“Okay where are we going?”

“TO see Mommy!”

“And where is Mommy?”

“At the hospital!”

“And why is Mommy at the hospital.”

“Because I have a new brodder!”

“Ashley.” I sighed, “We don’t know if it’s a boy or a g….”

“It’s a brother.” Ashley scoffed, “I can feel it in my boobs, they can always tell when it’s a boy.”

“Sorry.” Michael laughed, glancing back at the backseat where Ashley, Minnie and Jess were sat, “I guess she was a little young for Mean Girls aye?”

Shooting him a glare I looked out the window, silently urging the car to go faster, the bouquet for Destiny, Michael and Jess had brought over when they had picked me up sat on my lap.

“Are you excited?” Jess questioned, leaning forward.

“No not at all.” Ashley scoffed.

“She didn’t ask you little lady.” Michael laughed.

Rolling her eyes, Ashley flopped back in her car seat.

“I just can’t believe I missed it.” I mumbled.

“Don’t worry about it.” Michael sighed patting my knee, “They’re both okay that’s all that matters right?”

“Right.” I muttered.

“What are you we going to name her?” Minnie asked.

“Him.” Ashley corrected.

“If it’s a girl I suggest Olivia.” Michael piped up, “And it’s a boy Bilbo Baggins.”

“Yeah!” Ashley cried, “Wait no! Let’s name him Draco.”

“Ew no.” Minnie mumbled.

“Guys, we’re not naming the kid Draco or Bilbo.” I sighed, my heart beginning to race as we pulled to a stop outside the large hospital.

Not even waiting until the car was completely in park I threw off my seatbelt and clamored out of the car. Clutching the flowers tightly, I ran through the front doors and inside to the front desk.

“Irwin!” I called out, “Well Stacey, technically Simpson but um… Destiny, where is she?”

“Sir calm down.” The woman behind the desk sighed, “What’s wrong with her was it an emergency or…”

“She had our baby.” I answered.

“Oh yes!” she said excitedly, looking up, “Destiny Irwin she checked in as.”

Smiling I nodded.

“She’s in room 211.” She said happily, “Congratulations.”

Thanking her, I ran past her to the elevators. Pressing the second floor button multiple times until the doors closed, I closed my eyes and took a shaky breath.

This was it. This wasn’t a kid I was raising as a favor to its mother, this wasn’t my daughter, this was our child. A tiny human created with the girl that owned my heart, and whose heart belonged to me.

As the elevator doors slid open I ran out, scanning the numbers on the door before stopping infront of 211.

Taking a deep breath I reached out and grabbing the door handle, pushed the door open.

Calum’s Pov ~

~Flashback~

Staring up at the ceiling I listened to the sounds of Destiny’s even breaths, mixing with Ashton’s light snores. Glancing over at them I smiled lightly finding them tangled up with each other, Ashton pulling Destiny protectively against his side, her head resting on his chest, her arms wrapped around his waist.