Part Fourteen

Destiny's Pov ~

~Flashback~

Rolling over in bed I let my hand wander across the cool sheets searching for Ashton’s warm skin, however was unsuccessful. Fluttering my eyes open I looked around and found myself alone in the large bed.

Sighing, I sat up and glanced at the clock on the nightstand.

3:00 AM

Hearing noise coming from downstairs, I tossed the covers off of my lap before trudging out of my room and to the top of the stairs.

I could see the light on in the living room where the guys had been watching some stupid soccer game but I’d assumed they’d gone home long ago. The girls were at Ashton’s Mom’s for a sleepover since we were supposed to be having a romantic evening together, however that had fallen to shit when the other three boys had shown up on our doorstep with pizza.

Sighing, I pulled on a pair of running shorts from the laundry basket at the top of the stairs, not wanting to go down in only Ashton’s shirt in case the boys were still there.

Holding on to the railing so as not to slip and break my neck on the steep, slick wooden steps, I carefully descended the stairs then rounded the corner into the living room.

The place was trashed to put it lightly. Pizza boxes and paper plates littered the floor along with beer bottles, pop cans, and wadded up napkins. Crushed chips were ground into the carpet, there was a stain on the couch, and the pillows I had picked out at the store just last month were covered in pizza sauce and grease.

Messaging my temples I let my eyes wander to where Ashton and Calum were playing Call Of Duty on the xbox, which struck me as odd since whenever I asked him, Ashton never wanted to play video games with me.

“Wh-what are you guys doing?” I questioned tentatively, “It’s like three in the morning.”

“Uh-oh, better hurry and go to bed.” Calum laughed, “Santa won’t come.”

Frowning, I crossed my arms over my chest, “You guys made a total mess down here.”

“Destiny go back to bed.” Ashton said in way of answer.

“I can’t.” I scoffed, “I have a ball of anxiety in my chest just thinking about this…. Like what did you guys do wipe your ass on the couch?”

Laughing, Calum glanced over at me sympathetically.

“Chill out Des.” Ashton sighed.

“Are you going to clean this?” I demanded.

“We have a cleaning lady.” He laughed.

“No we don’t.” I sighed.

“Yes we do.” He replied.

“Ashton I fired her.” I snapped, “I told you that.”

“Why the hell would you do that?” he demanded, not tearing his eyes from his game.

“She was stealing stuff.” I muttered, “Which, I also told you.”

“What did she take?” Ashton asked.

“My ring.” I mumbled.

“What ring?” Ashton laughed, “You don’t even wear jewelry.”

“It um…. It was Stella’s.” I whispered, “Her engagement ring. Ed took the wedding ring but I wanted th….”

“Yeah! I got the Michael Myers kill streak muthafucka!”

Beyond annoyed I watched as Ashton twisted the controller sideways, his thumbs flying over the joysticks.