Letters and Messages

Hawk

Happy birthday.

I apologize I could be present as circumstances did not allow me to. I hope you grow up to be a great Fanalis like the red lions. Allow me to congratulate you as you grow older.

Hawk is a suitable name for you. Eyes sharp and observant, almost as talented as Jiayi. She has taught you well. I do hope you enjoy the rest of your life alongside your friends and your sister.

I hope you enjoy and take care of your present well. Perhaps not as prominent and precious to me compared to yourself, she is still my saviour. I believe you understand such a connection.

Hawk, I am not a Bird, therefore, the below line does not suit me. It suits both you and our savior.

Spread thy new wings to assist others.

________________________________________________________________________________

A month passed since Misuki returned to the world.

No one knows what happened. No one knew how she came back alive or how she flew across the sky like a shooting star. Many assumed Sifra did something behind the scenes after Hawk told them about the purple ribbon. Although quite unbelievable, it was the most plausible theory.

People were grateful nonetheless.

Everyone welcomed her back.

Her hair now of permanent purple, but everything else remained the same. Her overall appearance did not change and Hawk was extremely grateful for that. Even her flowery scent still lingered around her.

Hawk now felt indebted and deeply guilty about Sifra.

The person switched.

He was once again wrong, first was Bear and now Sifra. His impression was imperfect and judged her wrongfully.

The woman kept her promise and never told him a single lie. Although he must say that her timing was slightly off. But he did not mind as he could finally say that Sifra was not a perfect human being since she too had flaws.

She was a human.

A minor mistake, but it made Hawk realize then and there, that Sifra was not perfect.

Powerful, intelligent, and perhaps a perfect embodiment of a goddess, she still fears and still miscalculates.

The incident with Sinbad, her own arrogance and her false estimation of David's strength. Her overestimation of Sinbad's personality. Sifra's stubborn and head-strong personality made her prone to huge mistakes that scarred her.

Yet, she kept the scars on her to remind herself to get stronger.

Hawk wondered if he too could be that strong.

He was abused, mistreated and humiliated in his childhood, but he did not fight back until someone reached out to save him.

She fought back herself.

Although brutal and violent, she fought back. In his terms, fighting back for safety, for freedom, for survival, was deemed reasonable. Of course, the atrocities she committed was not excusable, and Hawk despised her for her cold murders.

Perhaps it was what that blocked her from his personal life.

"Hawk, are you alright?" He perked up and saw Misuki look down at him in worry.

Bird was the opposite.

Misuki always caring, expressive and kind. She always made sure he ate his meals and made sure he was okay. She was his saviour, his friend and his mother.