Surrounded by Lions

"Sorry! Oops! Sorry about that!"

Things were not going the way she thought it would go.

The plan was to escape with the help of her newly attained Djinn, Samoon, and fly into the clouds. Not only was the Djinn way too excited for her liking, but she was getting way too much attention for a smooth escape. As of now, she almost crashed into a vendor's stall, a family of four, and multiple towers.

She held onto Hawk for her dear life with her free hand. The strange thing is, Hawk actually seemed genuinely amused and immersed in this frantic escape.

This was indeed a difference between an average person and a Fanalis.

"Samoon! They're going to catch me!"

Misuki panicked when she saw Muu and Lo'Lo' catching up right behind her. She tried her best to control the windy Djinn, but it seems like the wild beast refused to be contained.

Misuki used a Weapon Equip that transformed her ring into a long golden chain that wrapped around her arm. Unfortunately, even with that, she barely stopped herself from crashing into buildings. After all, she just got the dungeon, there was no way she would expect herself to master its skills so quickly. Jade's Djinn Equip was out of the question too, she would be immediately considered a major threat if not one already.

This sucks.

Misuki ducked under a bridge and flew past a couple of soldiers. "Sorry!" When she looked back on her route, she saw the Fanalis Corps beginning to cut off her path.

"Samoon, we need to go up." She whispered while she saw glimpses of pink hair coming in from the sides.

"Now!" Misuki pointed upwards and flew upwards, barely dodging a sword slash towards her throat. She let out a breath that she held since her victory in a ridiculous game of rock-paper-scissors. Hawk then pointed at a tower.

"What is it-"

"Where do you think you're going?"

Misuki widened her eyes and saw Muu coming at her with incredible speeds. She didn't even have time to react before she was kicked down to the ground, creating a crater from the impact. Misuki landed first and protected Hawk by covering him with her body. She coughed out blood and saw Muu who wielded his javelin, ready to fire at her.

Hawk was up and picked her up for a run.

Misuki knew if that javelin landed, it would, without doubt, kill them. Seeing how Muu didn't react to their surrounding environment and the dangerous glint in his eyes, she knew what had to be done. Quickly, she pushed Hawk out of the way and pulled out her sword to deflect the javelin. However, even though she changed the direction of the javelin from her chest, she screamed when the javelin pierced her thigh and the impact that came along with it. She held back a cry. Hawk rushed to her side and widened his eyes at the sight of blood.

"Don't pull it out. I will lose more blood." Hawk nodded and she saw a fire, burning fiery in his eyes. Although Hawk suffered some injuries, he was still capable of carrying her. Hawk ran fast, extremely fast. He switched directions so quickly and so smoothly, she wondered how his feet managed to catch up with his command.

Misuki knew better to underestimate a Fanalis.

Hawk halted when he saw the Fanalis trio around him. He put her down gently, before sharply turning to them and preparing to fight them. Misuki let out a ragged breath and shook her head.

"Hawk-"

"I didn't think you would be one of those slave traders." She heard Muu said, his eyes sharply meeting his.