Shattered Glass

"My other half, don't you see? You can't beat her. You can't even touch her. Your methods do not work. You must-"

"I'm not like you."

"Really? Yet you already manipulated so many strings, so many things, and you still convince yourself that you're good?"

"Shut up."

"Then tell me, is 'being good' more important than your ambition? Have you forgotten your role? Your destiny?"

"I have not."

"Then why do you hesitate to work with David? With Arba? The three of you, surely, results will come."

"...I know."

"Or do you genuinely think that woman will come to your side if you become 'good'? Say, isn't she the one that's cruel? Compare and you'll see, it's all because of her that you suffer."

________________________________________________________________________________

How many times has Sinbad been rejected?

How many times has Sinbad been left alone in the silence?

How many times has this woman been the root of his worries and desires?

"President Sinbad. We meet again. It seems Arba mastered her skills of search." His eyes trailed to the leaving figures of Reim's Magi and ambassador. Sifra has just departed from them after what he assumed a short conversation. Her usual blank look plastered on her face as she held onto her stave loosely. Her amber eyes briefly darted to the side, and saw Arba in the air, amusedly watching her.

"It's great to see you again. Has it been a month?" Sinbad smiled. Charming, sweet and friendly. His usual smile he wore during meetings and greetings and in public. 

"Indeed. I see you and your company are doing well." He watched as her lips parted slightly and close. Her loose hair flow with the wind and the sun perfectly angled above her, enabling him to see her delicate features.

Sinbad notices the smallest things.

The smallest changes and the smallest expression changes.

He watches and he learns.

There were only a few chances they had before she disappeared again, therefore, Sinbad made sure to find her with every single possible chance he has. With each meeting, he felt relief rush through his veins to see she's in front of him.

Why does everything have to revolve around her?

Sinbad always have headaches when thinking about her. An invisible thorn to his side. He's constantly worried about whether his life, his dreams will end one day when she decided to finally ruin his vision. But she didn't, day after day, he achieved higher and higher. He became a President, and no longer a King.

Sifra did not make her move on the chess board. As if waiting on her side, staring at him with a intrigued smirk, waiting and baiting him with time.

Was she waiting for the right time to strike him down?

Sinbad knew she had a distinct dislike for him, yet she was standing in front of him without a single ounce of hatred or worry in her expression. In front of him, any other emotion displayed was rare.

It irritated him. Not only was the woman robotic, but the woman looked so much more dazzling with a smile, and he will never be able to see such a rare expression perhaps ever again.

"Sifra, just what are you planning?" Sinbad stood in front of her with a stern expression. "I don't understand, you have the power to change the world, yet why do you hesitate?"