Not Alone

"Hawk, don't be shy! Choose what you like."

Misuki promised to get Hawk a gift, so the two were walking around Reim and sightseeing while shopping. Hawk insisted that he did not need a gift, but Misuki persisted. Eventually, the two took a break from their training with the Fanalis Corps and took a day off.

Hawk didn't mind a break. After all, he also wanted Misuki to have a break.

The woman was trying hard to improve her physical abilities, but she was getting injured every day. Compared to the others, she was just a normal human. She did great in her colosseum battle, she passed with flying colours.

However, this only shows the difference between the Fanalis and a normal human.

The Fanalis was simply too strong. They were faster, stronger and had sharper senses. This was exactly why he could sense Muu in the distance, watching them in a very suspicious outfit, whereas she could not.

"Hawk, what do you think of the Fanalis Corps? I told you they wouldn't be bad people." Hawk ignored the Muu and nodded at the female.

He decided to not tell Misuki there was a stalker on them. The Fanalis Corps was nothing but kind to the two of them. Although Misuki obviously was a special case. When she trained with them, her partner went easy on her...for both personal and safety reasons. Even though in the end, they all go berserk since Misuki usually surprised them with something they did not expect.

Hawk, on the other hand, fitted well into the group.

Spoiled even.

He noticed they would shower him with attention and praise even when unneeded. Sometimes he wished he wasn't a child.

"Do you...want to stay with them?" Hawk looked up at his saviour blankly.

"I think they are a great group of people. And you can't see a large group of Fanalis anywhere else in the world." Hawk blinked and realized. The reason Misuki came to Reim was for him, and she wanted to know what he decided.

The Fanalis Corps is full of great people. But he has already decided what he wanted to do since the very beginning.

Bird.

"Hawk wants to be with Bird. Hawk will follow Bird." A small smile appeared on her lips.

"I see. If you ever change your mind, I won't mind. I will respect your choices." Misuki held out her hand, and he subconsciously held hers.

"Now then! Let's see what Reim has to offer!"

Hawk's eyes were sharp, despite his emotionless expression on his face. He was always ready to defend Bird and himself if there was a threat. He did not want Bird to be hurt because of him again.

"Hawk, you need to relax." Hawk nodded. He wondered if he was too obvious.

"Seriously, you need to relax. This is our day off! And I want to spend quality time with you, not worrying about me. I'm strong!" Hawk nodded. Misuki let out a sigh and knelt down to his height. She ruffled his hair before she cupped his face.

"Hawk, I want you to be a child. I want you to enjoy life as a child. As an adult and your mother, I will make sure I am the one that stands in front of you if there is danger, no matter what. That is the job of a parent." Misuki grinned before she blushed.

"Okay?"

Hawk nodded and got a pat on his head. He felt all warm and bubbly inside.

Mother.

"Now then, I was thinking of getting you an accessory. Like a necklace, or earrings. I feel like you would look fantastic in them!"

Just then, Misuki spotted a vendor selling jewelry. "Let's go take a look, shall we?" Hawk followed her to the vendor and the lady greeted them warmly.