Tears

"Child, you overcame your fears, the fall of your country, the death of your family and betrayal of your brother whom you admired so. Tell me, little Prince, what do you fear then? If not your fallen Kingdom, the bloodshed of war, or the loss of brotherhood, what do you fear?"

"I may have passed your trial but I still care about my country. But for me, I am much more afraid of being useless and unable to protect anything dear to me! Yes, my country has fallen, but...I want to at least be able to fight for it when I can!"

"Even when your country never had a chance of victory?"

"...If I fight for what is right, then yes! I will protect my country and my family with everything I got!"

"Interesting, however, I see another reason within you. You want to prove yourself to your friends and father."

"Eh? You can see that?"

"Indeed, I can see all the secrets within my master."

"Please don't!"

"You are a little master, however, you managed to finish my trial. I, the Djinn of the twenty-third dungeon, the Djinn of Secrets and Wit, Aim, shall choose you as my master."

________________________________________________________________________________

"Dog changed."

Not only has Hawk healed and regained his magoi thanks to Scheherazade, he quickly came to her side. Misuki had to explain Hawk's identity to others to avoid the thought of him as her child. Misuki was elated to hear good news to help her grieve, but the next came as a shock.

"Big sister! Hawk!" Misuki widened her eyes in shock. In fact, bewildered. She was glad to see the young Prince again, but...did not expect...such a huge change.

She's going to kill Yunan.

"Rankan? Is that you?" Misuki twitched an eyebrow when she saw Yunan flying towards her with an innocent smile. She quickly hid her anger behind a gentle smile for the Prince.

She hoped Yunan was not involved.

"Big sister! I'm just like you now!" Rankan's hair was red and his ears turned to that of an elf. Beside his head were two heads of a cat and a viper. His skin was covered in snake scales and his chest with red and black streaks. In his hand was the sword Misuki bought for him, the sword turned fiery red and lengthened to the length of his arm. His feet were like claws and his body was wrapped around with a large cobra.

Not only that, but he also got taller. He certainly does not look like a thirteen-year-old, he looked like he was at least twenty.

The boy looked like an adult and looked so much like his parents, especially his mother with softer features.

How...befitting for a Prince of Heliohapt.

"Heh, Hawk! I'm stronger than you now!" Rankan flew around Hawk and showed off his powers. In an instant, a small tornado of sand formed in his hands. Hawk gave him a blank stare before giving him a nod.

"Congrats Rankan!" Misuki patted his head before looking at Yunan for an explanation. "Yunan, I hope you weren't a part of this..." The Magi smiled before Rankan quickly went over to thank the Magi.

"Oh! Big sister, you know him?! Mister Yunan was the one who brought me to the dungeon! Don't blame him! I was the one who jumped in by myself!" Rankan looked extremely proud of himself whereas Misuki paled. She did not know what to say, instead, she decided to compliment him.