Escaping Settrinnos

Decided to finish this version, and keep up with the new version at the same time. Will I regret my decision? Hopefully not. Hope you guys like it!! ❤️ it was something I just wrote out of impulse. Not really planned at all.

Stella's POV

              Why the hell did I keep blacking out in here? One minute Lizzy was calling me crazy and the walls were closing in, the next I'm shackled up in the dark trying not to cry in front of this woman named Anessa. Now what? I honest to god don't even know anymore. I can't see, but I can hear and smell.

              Water was dripping somewhere in the middle of this dark room. I heard the drops for quite some time now, and judging by the rustic smell in this room, it most likely came from a leaking pipe.

              "Hello?" I called out. I heard the despair in my tone, and cringed. Where was Blake? Why am I craving Nutella at a time like this? I shrugged to myself and frowned.

             "Can anybody hear me?" I called out once more. I heard a groan in response. Was it an old man? A slave? A demon come to kill me and take all of my Nutella away? Well, he's out of luck, because I don't have any Nutella on me. I have it in me. I don't blame him if he tries to slice open my stomach for that delicious chocolate spread. I would too.

             I squinted my eyes in the direction of the groan, and figured out that I do not in fact have night vision. I sighed.

"Anessa? Lizzy? God?" I questioned the groan. "Somebody, I just need help!" I called out. I felt paralyzed this time, kind of sluggish, but I was still thinking straight. Yum, Nutella. Well obviously I had my priorities straightened.

Keep the good things on my mind, and forget about the bad things. Mom. Yup, definitely keep the bad things away, especially if you feel a whimper and heartbreak coming along with it.

"I'm here to help you." The voice replied. It seemed awfully familiar. A male voice, seemed familiar, but at the same time it didn't. It sounded sad, and exhausted. Not at all like the voice I'm used to. My forehead wrinkled, and I resisted the urge to avert my eyes when the room started to get light. The dark fading away.

           "Cade?" I whispered, staring conflicted at the figure huddled up and covered in blood in the corner of the room. At least I was correct. There was in fact a rusty broken pipe in the middle of the room. It was creating a puddle, on the dirty basement ground. There was a vault door in the far left corner of the barely illuminated room. I felt my chest constrict at the sight. Freedom. Our way out.

                I looked back at the figure in the corner and felt scared, and heavy sympathy. How did he get here? Why was he so wounded? Hell, his eyes weren't even open! Suddenly the numb feeling in my legs and torso was being lifted. I felt pine needles where my legs and torso were recently numb.

          "Fuck!" I cursed. Settrinnos really had a way of torturing people, didn't it? But as soon as it came, the feeling left. I found myself getting up slowly, forcing myself up in my weak state. Hell, I would crawl to Cade if I have to. No man left behind, right? 

               My legs were wobbly as I took slow steps to his body. His breathing was coming out in fast gasps, struggling for air. It looked as if it pained him to breathe. A broken rib maybe? I suddenly found myself wincing, figuring out how I was gonna lift his body up. 

              "Stella." He paused, trying to find his breathing rhythm again. I reached out for him. "No." His voice was cold, and demanding. I froze, a fresh set of tears in my eyes, but I refused to let them out. Why did he have such a mean tone to him? He was usually annoying and funny. Like a brother.