Chapter 36: the revelry

(A.N after editing, Daphne now has purple eyes.)

I wake up in the middle of the night and get out of bed before my almighty mate can notice me. I create a clone and teleport out of his arms.

I turn invisible and soundless, as if I wasn't even there.

I learned about this gift in high school, it's called the gift of the ghost.

The government hires these gifted as their spies.

No one can hear, smell, or see them.

I unlocked it right after I arrived in hell, but I didn't tell anyone.

I had used it to spy on Edward repeatedly, and now, it's going to be worth it.

I approach Christopher's side of the bed, the moonlight coming in through the gaps of the blinds illuminating his face and giving him a godly glow.

"I'm doing it for you. All of it, it's for you." I whisper as I try to brush a few stray strands from his face, my hand passes through it, because of the gift I'm guessing. "I'll miss you." I say softly one last time as I feel tears threaten to spill.

And then I take the meteorite bracelet and put it on my wrist.

I leave before I could see the effects it would have on him.

I take a deep breath as I feel the mating bond disappear.

And then I open my eyes to observe the cave hidden by magic under the island.

"You shouldn't have done that." I turn around to see Bellona.

"What time are you from?" I sigh. The moonlight illuminates her features, her normally pink eyes are brown.

"This one. He just unleashed hell, on Hell. You have to let him know you're okay. He just burned three villages with sheer panic alone." She states, her voice grave.

And then he's behind her. "Where is she?" He growls.

She points to me, under a black cloak. I have knives and guns strapped to my sides. My face is covered in mud, to hide my features and my hair and eyes are black.

I remove the bracelet for enough time to say, I'm safe. Be quiet. And trust me. And I put it back on before he has the chance to answer back.

I turn to leave. "I heard you." I pause in my tracks. "Don't get yourself killed, or I'll bring you back to life and kill you myself." He says gravely. "We'll be in the shadows for backup."

How? I whisper.

The ghost works on anyone except the person's other half.

"Who's we?" I ask over my shoulder, returning my attention to the present conversation.

A person comes out of the shadows in front of me. The night light makes his hair look iridescent. "Don't die." Drakon says.

"You're the only moderately other human person in the group, so if you weren't alive, I'd be all alone. And we wouldn't want that, would we?" I hear a voice from my left. I turn around to see Tristan dressed in similar clothing as myself. Leaning on the rock near the cave's entrance.

"You knew?" I ask. I had added a sound barrier around us the moment I saw Lona.

"Your hand passed through a mirage, genius." Christopher states plainly. I scowl at him.

"How? How did you know?" I snarl. I didn't want to get them into this. I didn't want them in danger.

The only reason I took the bracelet was so that if I die tonight, he wouldn't feel it.