Chapter 9: Reunited

Christopher's POV

I'm heading to the school for the young and the gifted, I was supposed to handle a class starting last week, but I cancelled due to the events of the past two weeks. I'm going to surprise Tristan and meet this trainee of his who I think I already know.

Maybe I'll see Amelie, if Jacob was right then she was running in the direction of the school, coming from the McDonald's four blocks away from my apartment. Therefore, she would've arrived at my apartment when Tristan was there.

I just hope I'm right.

"Christopher! My prized student! Where have you been?" Trainer William, the director of the school greets me. He trained me for a year, normally it would have been two, but I advanced much quicker than any other students he had.

It's Tristan's first year of teaching, whereas it's my second. I bug him about it sometimes, but it's all in good fun.

"Hello sir." I greet him formerly before he laughs and pulls me in a tight embrace.

He pulls away from me for a second, "You look like shit." He states grimacing, "Haven't you been eating?" He pats me on the back.

After I turned 18, my grandfather forced me to enroll here, he had started to lose his memory and he told me to put him in a retirement home, I did as he wished.

Tristan and I became roommates and I spent two years here before buying an apartment near McGill. Education always came first, that's why I enrolled here part time. I bought a car using the money my parents left me, and I would commute from here to Vanier every day and I would train at night.

"I told you, I had personal problems to deal with." He nods in understanding. "I'm here to see Tristan, do you have any idea where he might be?" I ask.

"Here I thought you came to see me," he sighs, "well he's training his student for the first time today, I don't know her name, just that she wears a meteorite band and she has the gift of fire." The old man says.

"Thank you Will!" I say mid-jog and I head for the arena. There's a crowd forming around one of the private training rooms. That's when I feel it-her.

I found her, but before I can take another step, I collapse.

Get up. A godly voice orders. Protect her and get the heaven up.

I do as he says, I open my eyes to see people performing CPR on me. Was I dead? I just feel pain, emptiness again but this time, there are no remnants of her, she's just gone. It takes all my strength to not make this building collapse on itself.

"I'm fine." They look freaked out as they stare into my eyes. "They're red, again aren't they? Ugh." I sigh getting up and dusting myself off.

"Dude, they're black." A teenage boy says looking at my eyes with amazement. "And you have wings." His eyes are practically jumping out of their eye sockets.

"I'm sorry, wings as in plural?" I start to stress; I'm supposed to have one. The other is hers. They all nod dumbfounded. "Move!" They all listen, I run through the crowd, pushing anyone in my way and that's when I see her lifeless body lying on the floor, with Tristan giving her mouth to mouth. I feel my pup crying and sobbing, I must keep the tears in, as to not draw any attention.

I try to feel her, but I can't. I want to break down, but I can't, not now.

I try to feel for a pulse through our bond. Nothing.

I know what I have to do. Standing in the entrance of the room, towering over everyone in front of me, I take a deep breath and use all my strength to get her blood circulating again. Instead of boiling it, I move it, remembering everything from anatomy class. After four years of researching my odd power, I decide it's a good a time as ever to try it out.