Chapter 28: The preparations

The room goes quiet. "Well if that's what it takes, okay." I shrug.

"No." Chris grimaces as he dodges my attempt of placing a peck on his lips.

"Why not? It's a peck, grow a pair!" I snarl.

"I'm not kissing you for convenience!" He says angrily.

"I feel like we should um go..." I hear Drakon say awkwardly.

"You go ahead, we're enjoying prime time television." Tristan laughs.

"What's that?" His girlfriend asks.

"I'll explain some other time, love." He says as he hugs Lona from the side.

Christopher hugs me to his side as he says, "I'll see all of you at the ball."

Next thing I know we're in our favorite reading place. "What the hell was that about?" I snarl, embarrassed.

"Satan, you're dumb!" He says as he rubs the bridge of his nose.

"I am not dumb! I came up with a foolproof plan, that won't work unless you kiss me, but apparently, I'm so repulsive that my own ma-

"You're not repulsive!"

"Yeah well it sure seems like it!"

"Satan, just shut up!"

"No!"

"You're going to make me do something I'll regret." He says through clenched teeth as his eyes go from pitch black to amber.

"Try fighting me. We'll see who's-" I'm interrupted as he slams his lips on mine. I freeze. He pulls back.

"I'm sorry." He says as his cheeks redden, then abruptly, his skin goes from tan and golden, to red.

Everything stilled. The dancing flames. The crackling of the fire. Everything. That's when I noticed what he was looking at.

My hair. It was no longer brown. It was black.

As black as the night.

A matching color to his eyes.

My eyes a matching color to his skin.

"What the f-" He goes to say but is interrupted as I lightly stroke his cheek, attempting to calm him down.

"You are the future Devil, aren't you?" I grin but he gives me a deadpan look.

"Shut up." He sighs.

"With pleasure." I smile as I take his face between my hands and kiss him softly. His hands tangle themselves in my hair and mine make their way to his neck, we stay like that for a few minutes, kissing each other tenderly and lovingly. I smile against his lips, as if that snapped him out of his gaze he pulls back and places his forehead on mine.

"I think that your magic is back." He says voice hoarse, his orange eyes boring into my identical ones.

"I guess but-" He teleports us back to our room and jumps out of bed immediately, heading for the bathroom, leaving me gaping at his retreating figure. His skin suddenly starts pinking, and then as if it never happened, his skin is back to it's human color.

I look at my hair, it's brown.

Weird.

"I'll get ready for the ball then I guess." I yell back at the closed door.

I hear the shower turn on. Well, he was laying in bed with me for two days. So that kind of makes sense.

I sniff my clothes and feel like fainting, I reek.