Chapter 18: Amelie's plan

We spent hours talking about the ceremony and what would happen afterwards, although they didn't explain what would happen and how, it felt as if they were avoiding the question. It feels like I'm giving my freedom away but it's worth it if it keeps Chris, myself, and the world safe from Edward.

We discussed everything using our minds, something gifted to us from the mind communication gift. While we would plan through our minds, we would make small talk out loud to throw off Edward and the spies he apparently has in the castle.

So, you will get married in five months, right before Christopher's 21st birthday, therefore he can take the throne immediately, is that understood? The Devil asks seriously.

Yes. We both answer at the same time with an understanding and determined look.

Good, we'll see you later for dinner, don't worry, there won't be a repeat of last night. The devil reassures. Your father is in the dungeons for the crime he committed when he sent you away and for threatening the Prince. He states and I gulp.

Yes, thank you, what about my birth mother? I ask nervously, she seemed to be nice.

She's back at her home with your friend chandler and his father, they're taking care of her. He says.

Thank you. I curtsy and exit the dining room Chris on my tail.

That took forever. I look up to see him sigh.

Indeed, it did, you're not off the hook yet though. I state as I look at him seriously.

What? I give him an evil grin. Oh, Satan what are you planning? He says exasperated as he gives me an interrogative look.

Room. I'll tell you everything there. I smirk up at him only to see him rub his forehead.

You're going to be the death of me. He rolls his eyes.

Actually, I'm going to be the complete opposite. I give him a sly look and walk faster, leaving him a few feet behind. I signal for him to hurry and he groans as catches up to me.

_____

As we enter, I look around to see if there are any servants, none in sight. Perfect.

I decide to check on my closet, I open the door and my eyes widen, the clothes here are the ones from home. My shirts, pants, everything. It's as if there was an invisible wall between the demonic clothes and the ones from home. My jaw drops to the floor, why weren't they there yesterday? This is weird-too weird.

Almighty mate? I call cautiously through the bond, if Edward has the teleportation gift, then he could've brought them here and planted them with bugs.

What? It isn't to your liking? He says annoyed, I send him daggers with my stare.

Why are my human clothes here today and not yesterday? I ask stupefied.

I had them delivered after witnessing your wardrobe. I thought you would've been happy. He says perplexed. I hug him abruptly, making him move back suddenly. I hug him very tightly leaving him no space to move, he awkwardly pats my back. "Merci." I say in French.

"De rien, Princesse." He laughs.

"I'm sorry for my reaction, I thought Edward had teleported them here." I rub my neck awkwardly.

"I thought so but worry not, young damsel it was me, your almighty mate." He smirks and I playfully slap his chest. He's now holding on to my waist, his touch feels weirdly comforting.