Chapter 17: When Hell freezes over

Amelie's POV

It felt as if time had stopped. I could feel Christopher tense up at what his father had said. Our wedding? He can't be serious; I've known about his son and my magic for two weeks and I found out that the Devil and Hell existed yesterday, and this man has the audacity to bring up a wedding? No. I don't think so.

"No." I say flatly as I take another bite of the excruciatingly delicious monster eggs. I felt all eyes on me, I could feel the Devil's amusement from here, Christopher was just dumbfounded, and his mom was shocked as well.

"Excuse me?" The Devil asks with a smirk, although I can see his eyes turning red and orange, like his son's, his satanic blood causing his magic to react.

"No." I give him a stare, which no one in their right mind would give the Lord of the Underworld, causing him to laugh.

"I like this one," He points his attention to the heir to the throne, "She reminds me of your mother." He laughs as he jokingly hits his wife's arm.

"Hades, now is not the time." My future mother in law snarls. The Devil rolls his eyes.

"As I was saying-" He goes to continue, ignoring my interruptions.

I continued anyways, "We're not getting married, I've been here for hardly a day, and if you think I'm going to start taking orders from someone who kidnapped me, erased me from the world's memories, tried to kill my parents and ruined my life in the matter of two hours, then you're not as smart than I would've thought for the Devil." I say plainly although my voice is laced with venom.

Chris clenches his fists, but I don't drift my stare from his father's.

"None of that would've happened if your birth parents hadn't sent you away, once they realized what you were. Do you have any idea how many people were scouting earth looking for you? They spent fourteen years on that dreadful planet, away from their families so they could look for their future queen, trying to grasp any trace of the Satanic bond. You're not a regular demon child, you are one of the mated pair. You're meant to rule hell with a Satan. If not, your power will drive you and him mad." He says with annoyance as he leans forward in his chair and crosses his fingers.

"I was perfectly fine on Earth." I growl back at my mate's father.

"No, you weren't." I hear Christopher whisper next to me. "You were going mad Am, not just because of the bracelet, but because of your magic. That bracelet muted our bond, making both of us depressed, although your cries weren't just because of that horrific object, it was your magic, you couldn't control it, you could only feel the dangerous ones, the murderous ones," He stretches out that word and its importance. "it was driving you to the brink of insanity." He says with a calm and compassionate tone as he looks directly in my eyes, I choose to avoid his stare and I look straight at my plate instead. "I was going mad because of the bond, I felt as if a part of my essence was taken away from me, my magic wasn't affected as badly as yours. Since you had it for a day and I had it for two years, I understood it better, you didn't. If you had spent more time on Earth and away from hell and me, you would've lost your mind." He says as he grabs hold of my hand and squeezes it lightly, oddly I don't yank it away. "The uncontrollable bond to your home of origin and your mate would've turned you into a murderer and psychopath. I know for a fact you wouldn't want that." He states as he strokes the back of my hand with his thumb.

I gulp, "I don't care. No one remembers me, my whole life has vanished and lives only in my memories. It's as if I never existed and you expect me to be okay with this?" I ask as tears threaten my eyes, I can't cry in front of them, I won't cry. "I don't mind the fact that you brought me here to protect your son and Earth from me, I am grateful for that actually, but you could've let me say goodbye." I say sadly as I get up and walk away from the room without turning back, ignoring the footsteps of my mate who follows closely behind me.