Chapter 3: Amelie

Amelie's POV

When he left, I felt something inside me sadden, and I don't know why, my magic, maybe? I don't know. Although I couldn't stop grinning at Jacob while he was screaming in pain because of me. He deserves it, especially after what he tried to do to me.

I fall asleep and wake up about twenty minutes later.

''You can come back now!'' I scream, knowing my parents and my friends are all waiting impatiently for me to let them in so they can bombard me with questions, Alexandra so she can give me reasonable advice, and Jaylen so she can insult the pig.

My pig.

Wait what?

Where did that come from?

Dammit.

They all enter, my parents giving me looks of concern. My mother is about to scream at me for burning Jake's throat, but before she can manage my father just laughs and gives me a pat on the back. ''I was already eyeing the scalpel when Chandler revealed what he was planning on doing.'' My father can move things with his mind, so one nod of his head and he can get any object to do what he wants.

My mom jokingly slaps my father's shoulder and says, ''If you say things like that tha travixis provlimata.'' (translation: if you say things like that, you're going to catch problems).

Dylan and Nesta walk in, Dylan gives me a suggestive smile and a fist bump when he sees what I did to Jacob. ''I never liked him anyways, what happened with-''

He is interrupted by my retching. Why am I vomiting? My parents try to comfort me by holding my hair back, but they let go abruptly, as if something burned them. I'm not in the right headspace to listen, I just feel sick-

My thoughts are interrupted by a doctor who approaches me where I'm now kneeled on the floor next to the trashcan. He looks at me with concern, I notice that Jacob is no longer in the room, most likely moved him to treat his injury while I was asleep. I look back at the doctor in front of me, his blue eyes are striking, he has a soft smile as he looks at me gently.

''My name is Doctor Smith, I'm the only intern which is a gifted of fire, and I'm going to be the one to help you through this okay?'' I nod my head and he helps me up. He calls for a janitor and helps me lay back down on my bed.

''So, why am I staying here again?'' I ask, I try not to sound annoyed, but I fail, ''Not like I don't like the company or anything.'' I let out a small laugh at the end and the young doctor smiles at me.

''You're staying here until you can get your power under control.'' I go to retort, but a sudden wave of nausea overtakes me, I spill my guts in the bucket he hands me and the doctor holds my hair back during the whole time while stroking my back gently.

I stop spilling my guts out and when I'm sure it stops, I look at the doctor and I say, ''First of all, sorry you had to see that.'' I look down at the floor, embarrassed.

''Haha, it's okay I'm a surgical intern I see a lot of this stuff every day.'' I look at him questioningly.

''You look a little young to be a surgical intern, shouldn't you be a little older?'' I ask raising an eyebrow while looking him up and down, taking in his deep ocean blue eyes that have a hint of orange lining around the black of his pupil, most likely his gift of fire in slumber. His blond hair which is flipped on the side and his very light stubble.

He's handsome I'll give him that.

''That's because I am. I'm 25 years old, I was 10 years old in grade 9.'' He says smiling. I smile back.