Chapter 19: You want your memories back?

I could feel something break in Chris as suddenly his wolf appeared out of his chest and started nudging himself against his person comfortingly. My mate didn't move an inch as he stared at his best friend who now didn't have any recollection of who he was.

A few moments pass and I notice Tristan getting annoyed. "Listen, if you two don't tell me what's going on, I'll call the cops and have you both arrested for breaking and entering." He states his voice cool and collected.

"We were best friends." I hear Christopher state calmly yet distantly.

"I don't do friends and I don't even know who you are." My ex-trainer says as he crosses his arms over his chest and looks at us with a suspicious look.

"You may not remember me, but trust me, we're best friends Tristan Alexander Montgomery." He says seriously as he lets go of me and takes a step closer to his brother. We're in a dorm room at the young and the gifted, it makes sense seeing as he's a trainer here.

"How do you know my name? I'm a gifted of the shield, you're not supposed to be able to do anything magically related to me like reading my mind." He says eyeing us suspiciously.

"Exactly, we're brothers man. You just don't remember me, no one does." He sighs as his wolf whimpers next to him.

"That's impossible. No one can enter my brain." He snarls as he takes a step back as he reaches for a knife, why would he have a knife in his room? I grimace to myself.

Christopher turns his attention to me, and he envelops me in a weird air bubble, "Chris!" I growl as I bang on the airtight bubble, he puts a hand up signaling for me to stop. I obey, although I send a vulgar gesture down our bond.

Tristan looks at the wolf on Chris' side and then at me and the magic around me and his eyes widen.

Christopher tells him something which I can't hear. Oh, so that's what this is, a soundproof barrier. I growl.

No shit Sherlock. Now shut up and let me convince him that I'm not trying to kill him. Christopher snarls back.

I watch the scene, a few minutes of banter pass until I see Tristan hug the Prince of Hell as if they were being reunited for the first time in years. Amidst the reunion I noticed that Tristan was eyeing me with a look I know all too well.

Not this again. I growl as I roll my eyes.

You're kind of ruining a moment here princess. He exclaims annoyed.

No, your boyfriend is ruining the moment. I sigh.

This causes Christopher to move his head back to look at Tristan, whose attention is glued to me. My mate's face darkens as he notices the grin on his friend's face. This was fun while it lasted.

Suddenly the barrier is removed, and I can hear everything again. "Tristan, this is my mate, Amelie." Christopher says sheepishly although you can hear the threat in his voice as he grabs my waist and pulls me towards him.

Again, like last time, Tristan's face drains of color. Déjà vu at it's finest. "Nice to meet you again Tristan." I smile as I give my hand out so he can shake it.

"Nice to meet y-"

"CHRISTOPHER SATAN" The Devil appears out of nowhere in the center of the small room. His wings spread out wide, his eyes flaming with pure anger and destruction. Flames explode out of him although they don't burn anything.

Welp we're dead. I gulp as I look at Christopher who doesn't display anything but defiance. His strong jaw is clenched as his eyes turn orange and red from the anger he's directing to his father. His grip on me tightens as he moves me behind him, déjà fricking vu.