Chapter 10: The reason

Amelie's POV

I wake up to the sound of Tristan's screams. Was it all a dream? I open my eyes to see my face pressed on Christopher's chest, I guess not.

It's too early for this. I mumble.

It's 3 o'clock in the afternoon actually. He laughs.

"What does he want?" I mumble out loud, rubbing my eyes and attempting to get up, although Chris' heavy wings keep me in place, I push them off me and he grunts.

"He, wants to know how you two are mates?" Tristan snarls, giving us both death stares.

"Out." Christian states, taking off his shirt and throwing it at him. I try not to look at his chest, luckily Tristan distracts me.

"Here I thought that for once a girl liked me and wasn't just using me to get my best friend." He spits and throws me something. "Your phone, by the way, you have to explain to your parents and friends why you died, came back to life, nearly murdered someone and then ended up in the arms of your so-called mate." He growls the last word as if it was a burden.

"Excuse me?" I laugh as I look at him. "When did I show any interest in you? When you didn't leave my room while I was in nothing, but a towel and I asked you to leave?" I see Chris grip the bed sheets tightly as he tries to conceal his rage. Not jealous my ass. I hear him growl and I supress my laugh. "When you tried insinuating innuendos that got me killed, because a random insecure bitch was jealous? When I was visibly uncomfortable every time you looked at me with a gleam in your eye?" I snap back.

He did what? Chris growls through our bond.

Not now. He gives me a look that claims that we were to discuss this later.

"I- I thought you liked me." He croaks.

"I KNEW YOU FOR A DAY!" I yell. Is he serious? "God! Get over yourself!" I gasp.

"You knew Christopher for a day as well, but here you are cuddling." He smirks.

"That's different and you know it. I died. He brought me back to life." I say calmly. Chris looks at me with a shocked expression surprised that I knew what he did. I smile at him.

"I saved you, he came afterwards." He growls, Christopher starts laughing, this isn't going to end well.

"Oh that's funny," He laughs, wiping tears from his eyes, "You think your chest compressions saved her? Medically speaking, you wouldn't be wrong, but now you are. She's only alive because I manipulated her blood." He ends on a serious note, all laughter erased from his face. Tristan is just gaping in shock. "If I wasn't there, she would've lost control of her power and the whole building would've collapsed. So, I didn't just save her annoying ass- but yours as well." He snarls, nothing kind on his face.

"That's why you freaked out last night. You felt her here, didn't you?" Tristan gasps. He nods, still pissed off. He felt me too, I can't help but smile to myself.

"I'm sorry." Is the last thing he whispers as he leaves.

When we hear the front door close Christopher speaks first.You should probably check your phone. Chris says as he sits on the edge of the bed rubbing his face.

I open my phone and my eyes widen at the amount of notifications that there are from my parents and friends.

Shit.

"You couldn't grab my phone before you carried me out of there?" I ask seriously, he looks at me over the corner of his shoulder and grins.

"Next time you collapse after using all your power, I'll leave you there princess." He says sarcastically. I roll my eyes. "You expected me to carry you all the way to your dorm, find your phone and bring you back down all the way to my apartment?" He raises an eyebrow.