Chapter 1: The gift

Hello everyone!

I would love to thank you for giving the soulmate gift a try!

It means the world to me!

It starts off slow at first, but the story picks up pace later on, trust me. 

Please vote and comment if you enjoy it!

This story contains subject matter such as violence reader's discretion is advised.

Now, without further ado, the soulmate gift!

---

Today's the day,

I'm turning 18 and Jacob's taking me out for dinner, and then maybe something more... A kiss? Maybe? Hopefully...

It's going to be our third date, he said he's taking me out to a surprise, I can't wait!

Oh shit! He just texted!

<< Get dressed nice, I'm taking you out somewhere that you wouldn't fit in if you wear your regular clothes. Be ready for 7. Bye. >>

Well um... Jacob's always like that... He's a man of few words I guess...

<<Okay. See ya.>>

He's taking me out like every year, the only difference this time is that it's just going to be us two.

Except at 12 o'clock, when we're going to meet up with my parents back home for the revelation, but we'll get to that later.

We've been friends for a while, ever since we were kids, I never liked him the way I do now though, he liked me like that, but it wasn't reciprocated. I only started to develop feelings for him when he was there for me after my first and only boyfriend broke my heart.

It was quite sudden, actually.

I'll never forget the day I couldn't find him anywhere in the city, when he wasn't answering his phone, or texts, as if he just... disappeared. I loved him, I did, but sometimes it doesn't work out and you have to live your life without them.

I get up and go take a shower, I let the boiling hot water run down my back, since I was a kid, I would be able to touch fire and not get burned, the water, albeit hot as possible, feels cold.

I lay on my forearms which are pressed against the shower wall, it soothes me and the stress I've been feeling lately, for some reason, one I don't know, I have this guilty feeling in my gut, and then with guilt comes the stress which I also don't know where it comes from seeing as school is over on march break and I did nothing wrong, it's kind of like my feelings aren't mine.

I stay in the shower until my alarm goes off signaling that it's time for me to dry up and get ready.

I let my hair air-dry for about 20 minutes while I pick out what I want to wear, I choose a red long sleeve dress that hugs my curves and ends just above the knee with a round neckline. I add dark red lipstick and a hint of eye shadow in order for my deep forest brown eyes to pop.

I always loved the color red, I could never really explain why, I just do.

It's like it's a part of me.

I dry my dark brown hair and brush it, noticing how it reaches only under my chest, making it not long but not short either. My hair falls loose down my upper-back and I add black flats, since I've never cared for heels anyways.

They make my feet hurt, okay?

I go downstairs and wait, and wait... And wait again until it's finally 6:50 and I start thinking that I got stood up.