Chapter 64 - 'I'm Avenging Hayley.'

"The plane will be there to pick you up in half an hour." Klaus said over the phone to Freya. The witch nodded, "We'll be ready."

"Did you find a witch to help with our geographical predicament?" The Original Hybrid asked, "I cannot miss the second line."

"Vincent asked Ivy to do it." Freya explained and Klaus scoffed, shaking his hair, "Ivy hates me."

"Well, all the witches hate you." Wolfgang corrected, crossing his arms, "But they liked Hayley, and they know that Hope needs you today."

"Well, astral projection is tricky magic." Klaus said eventually, "This had better work."

"It'll work. You'll be there in the only way that you can." Wolfgang assured his friend and Klaus nodded reluctantly.

"I should never have agreed to this." Klaus sighed, pacing around the courtyard, "I should be there beside her, holding her hand."

"I know. But the consequences of you two being together have been escalating." Freya countered, letting out a sigh, "We can't bring that kind of danger into the city."

"This is her mother's funeral." Klaus argued, his voice rising slightly, "I should let the city burn. I'm sick and tired..."

The blue-eyed man paused as he saw a houseplant wilt and start dying. Freya clearly noticed the abrupt pause, "What's wrong?"

"If this houseplant gasping for life is any indication, there's another Mikaelson in New Orleans." Wolfgang explained, holding up one of the plant's leaves to confirm that it was dying.

"That can't be right." Freya said, shaking her head, "Kol and Rebekah know to stay away and Hope is with me."

"Elijah." Klaus said, saying his brother's name as though it was impure.

**********

"Well, well, well." Wolfgang said as he entered the church alongside Klaus, "Elijah Mikaelson, here in New Orleans."

"Very foolish of you two, considering what you've done." Klaus added, standing besides the hunter, directly opposite Elijah and his fiancé.

"We don't want any trouble." Elijah replied and Wolfgang laughed. The hunter took a step forwards and Elijah instinctively stepped back.

"You should have thought of that before you murdered Hayley." Wolfgang spat, pushing Elijah to the ground.

"I don't want to fight." Elijah said, holding his hands up. Wolfgang shook his head and punched the Original, his fist connecting with Elijah's jaw with enough force to put another man six feet under.

"That's good. If you don't want to fight, it means I can take my time killing you." Wolfgang replied. Klaus watched the two with amusement as Antoinette stood frozen.

Elijah rubbed his jaw as he faced Wolfgang. The hunter's eyes flashed crimson with rage as he grabbed Elijah by the neck and lifted him off the ground.

The older Mikaelson gasped for breath, clutching at Wolfgang's hand as the Night Star choked him. Wolfgang smiled cruelly at him before he jerked his arm to the side, snapping Elijah's neck.

"What did you do?" Antoinette asked as she rushed to her lover's side. Wolfgang shrugged and turned to Klaus with a nod.

"That's not the question you should be asking." Klaus said as he stepped towards her, his irises turning gold as his fangs emerged, "The real question is, what am I going to do to you?"

Antoinette looked up at the hybrid and let out a gasp. Klaus smiled before biting into her neck savagely, injecting her with his werewolf venom.

"Get out of New Orleans while you still can." Wolfgang commanded before he and Klaus walked off, not look back at the defeated couple.