Chapter 45 - 'I Won't Hesitate To Put You Down.'

Wolfgang drummed his fingers against the desk, twirling a pencil in his other hand. He looked down at the half completed sketch and closed his eyes for a moment.

The vampire's hands moved on
instinct, drawing the curve of a jaw as he deepened the shading around it. Wolfgang sat back and observed the sketch he had made, smiling sadly at the image of Cami.

Wolfgang turned it over and placed it in his sketchbook, which he shoved into his bag along with the pencil.

The hunter rose to his feet and adjusted the chain around his neck before he took it off. Wolfgang looked at the engagement ring on the chain and pressed a soft kiss to the diamond on it.

"What should I do now?" Wolfgang asked the ring, although the question was directed at himself, in need of some form of direction in his life.

Wolfgang smiled sadly at Katerina's former engagement ring before he shoved it in his pocket, no longer feeling the need to carry it around.

*********

Freya pulled out the map designed to track Klaus' enemies, dropping some blood onto the parchment as Wolfgang entered the room. The witch glanced at him for a moment before she averted her green eyes.

"They're on the move." Freya said, watching the many drops of blood move across the map. Wolfgang shrugged and turned to her.

"Undo the hex, Freya." Wolfgang said, the tone of his voice leaving no room for argument, "I need to leave New Orleans."

The blonde sighed and looked at him, thrusting her hand out and muttering a spell. Wolfgang watched as the pentagram over his heart disappeared and he released the breath he was holding.

"Thank you." Wolfgang said before he turned to leave but was stopped by Freya gasping out.

The witch's eyes were cast down to the map, where all the blood had gathered into one massive puddle in a single place - New Orleans.

"They're all here." Freya said, her voice almost a whisper as she tried and failed to believe what she was seeing, "They've all come."

Kol's eyes widened before he got up and turned to leave, "I need to tell Nik and Elijah."

Freya nodded and Wolfgang looked at the witch, engulfed in his inner turmoil. Wolfgang was conflicted as to whether or not he should stay and help, or embrace his freedom and get the hell out of New Orleans.

In the end, Wolfgang made up his mind and let out a frustrated groan before he walked up to Freya.

"We need to pinpoint them." Wolfgang said and Freya nodded as she pulled out a map of New Orleans and transferred the blood to there.

Freya began her incantation when a female vampire broke through the window, and stabbed her with her ring.

As the assassin tried to run out of the room, Wolfgang caught her in a chokehold, lifted her off the ground, and squeezed her neck so hard that her head fell off.

"If she got into the house..." Freya said, pressing down on her wound as she held onto the table for support.

"Vampires can enter freely." Wolfgang finished before he turned to the poisoned Mikaelson, "Go to Hayley, tell her to search Lucien's apartment for the cure. Quickly."