Chapter 58 - 'Goodbye, My Friend.'

"The Hollow has been haunting New Orleans for centuries." Vincent explained, "It's an unending evil. Its appetite for power is insatiable. And that's what attracted it to your little girl."

"You said there was a way to save her." Klaus said and Vincent nodded as he shared a worried look with Wolfgang, "There is. But I'm gonna tell you right now, you are not gonna like my plan."

Rebekah, Klaus, Freya, Elijah exchanged looks, worried by Vincent's words.

"Step one: we pull the Hollow out of Hope. Step two: we find someplace else to put it." Wolfgang continued, counting the steps on his hands, "But with the book gone, we need a place that's both powerful and eternal. And in order to make the transition work, we are going to need something that's connected to Hope through blood."

"You need a vampire. You want to put the Hollow into one of my siblings?" Freya questioned and Wolfgang shook his head, "One won't be enough. We're going to need four of them."

Freya shook her head in disbelief at him but Elijah looked at the warlock, "Why four of us?"

"Well, 1,500 years ago, when the Hollow was first killed, they divided her remains." Vincent explained, gesturing with his hands, "Four bones, four volunteers, four different locations. That's how we're going to beat the Hollow now."

"Transfer the Hollow's power into four immortal vampires." Freya simplified and Wolfgang nodded.

"And just send us on our way." Rebekah added and Klaus nodded, "So the evil is drawn, quartered and separated for all time."

"And you have to go your separate ways, and you have to stay separate. For all time." Vincent said. Klaus and Elijah looked at each other, "You can never see each other again. Can never go near each other again."

Rebekah was shocked as she, Freya, Klaus, Elijah looked at each other, worried.

"That is the only way that we're going to beat the Hollow." Wolfgang added and Klaus nodded with determination, "Well, if it'll save my little girl, then we will make it so."

**********

Elijah cut his hand to fill a glass with his blood while Rebekah was watching him. Freya sat on a chair deep in thought as Wolfgang entered. Once Elijah had finished, he turned to Rebekah.

"Vincent needs our blood." Elijah explained, handing Rebekah the knife, "Right. All four of us, and Kol isn't answering his bloody phone."

Elijah sighed and started cleaning himself up. Rebekah shook her head and crossed her arms, "He's finally got a chance at happiness, and we're asking him to come home and play host to a quarter of a demon."

"There has to be another way." Freya said and Wolfgang shook his head, "And what if there isn't another way?"

"I can't believe this is happening." Rebekah sighed, "I'm usually the first one who wants to run off on my own, and... and now I don't have a say in the matter. I'm feeling quite perturbed!"

"Hope. Hope is all that matters." Elijah assured her and Freya stood up, "This is not happening. I will not let this family be split apart. I'm going to the bell tower and I'm going to go through more of mother's grimoires."

Freya started to leave the room and Elijah called after her. However, Freya didn't even look at him and left.

"Elijah, you know how it feels to be apart." Rebekah said, drawing her brother's attention, "At first, the freedom is exhilarating, and then, one day, inevitably, you wake up with that pit in your stomach, that dull, aching feeling of missing the only people who know you."