Chapter 39 - 'Shut Your Mouth Or I Will Kill You.'

Marcel sighed and gestured at the Strix around Elijah and Wolfgang.

"Listen, they're concerned about you as their sire." Marcel explained and Elijah shook his head.

"Really? I was looking for a little 'me time'." Elijah replied. Marcel shook his head and looked around at the Strix.

"We just need you guys to lay low while we find the white oak, then you can have all the 'me time' you like." Marcel replied.

"That's good." Wolfgang added, "Because I have a Malibu beach house that's perfect for a party this time of the year."

"Hey, you lay low 'til we find the bullet and I'll even join you in Malibu." Marcel offered and Wolfgang nodded.

"The entire Mikaelson clan plus me will stay in the compound until you find that bullet." Wolfgang said and Marcel nodded before leaving with the Strix.

***********

"So, what're your plans for the day?" Kol questioned as he took a seat next to Wolfgang.

"I'm going to down this bottle." Wolfgang replied, holding up the bottle of whiskey, "Then the next, and the next....."

"Sounds like a plan." Kol smiled before grabbing a glass. Wolfgang nodded before letting out a sigh.

"So, how are things on your end?"

"I am enjoying being alive and with Davina. It's all good apart from Finn being back." Kol replied. Wolfgang frowned and held out a hand just as Elijah and Freya entered.

"Finn's alive?"

"I saw him with my own eyes, Finn must've come back when Davina resurrected me. The spell was tied to the blood of the Mikaelson line. Either it worked on him or he found a way to hijack it. Either way, the only 'how' I care about is how long I'm going to make him suffer before I kill him."

"Restrain, brother, for now." Elijah advised. Kol shook his head and drank his glass in one go.

"Why? Finn is clearly the one spreading rumours about the missing white oak. He's luring Nik's enemies out of the woodwork, it's all part of his tedious revenge fantasy."

"You're wrong, those rumours began before either of you returned, Finn's innocent." Freya defended and Wolfgang scoffed, taking a deep sip of his drink.

"Innocent? Pardon me, love, but Finn has tried to kill the rest of us more than once. He's an enemy to our family" Kol spat. Freya shook her head and Wolfgang prepared to de-escalate the situation.

"He is our family, Finn's return is an opportunity to mend all wounds and fix what's broken." Freya said and Kol shook his head as he rose to his feet.

"He didn't just drop a bloody vase, he fucking murdered me!"

"You seem certain." Elijah replied and Kol narrowed his eyes at him as Wolfgang set down the bottle.

"Are you honestly siding with her?"

"Time and again, Finn has demonstrated nothing but contempt towards this family so you tell me, how can you be so certain that he would return in peace?" Wolfgang asked and the others remained silent.