Chapter 44 - 'I Advise That You Be Careful.'

Wolfgang looked up at the bookshelf in his room, tears in his eyes before he grabbed it and threw the whole shelf to the ground.

The hunter grabbed the bottle of bourbon he was drinking from and took a deep swig of the alcohol. Wolfgang sighed before he smashed the bottle to the ground as well.

He couldn't cope with the toll that the recent events had inflicted. With the loss of Cami and Davina, both of whom he had gotten close to against his better judgement, Wolfgang felt his tight control slipping away.

The vampire collapsed to the ground, grabbing another bottle as he took a sip from it. A knock at the open front door sounded out and Wolfgang didn't look up before he answered.

"Fuck off." Wolfgang swore, not caring who was at the door. Marcel sighed before he walked into Wolfgang's house, having previously been invited in.

"Hey, are you not coming to Davina's wake?" Marcel asked and Wolfgang shook his head, taking another sip of bourbon.

"Why would I? I didn't give a shit about her."

"Yes, you did." Marcel replied, "You're the one that saved her from the harvest ritual, you tried to save her after she died, and you protected her from Klaus and Mikael."

"And I also told Freya to kill her." Wolfgang pointed out, "She wasn't going to but I told her to do whatever the hell it takes. It's my fault she's dead."

"You didn't mean to, Wolfgang. It's the Mikaelsons who did it to save their own skin." Marcel said and Wolfgang shook his head. Marcel pulled a vial out of pocket and held it up.

"Which is why I'm going to make them pay." Marcel continued. Wolfgang narrowed his eyes and took a deep sip from the bottle.

"I advise that you be careful." Wolfgang said, "That's an open declaration of war and they'll come after you and neither of them are my problem anymore."

"Once I take this, I won't have to worry." Marcel replied and Wolfgang nodded, gesturing at the door.

"I want to be alone for now."

**********

"I don't know what to do, Charlie." Wolfgang said into the phone. The vampire could hear his sister sigh and knew she had crossed her arms.

"You need to get off your ass, first of all." Charlotte said, "Go to this Camille's wake and then do what's best for you after."

"What is best for me?" Wolfgang asked and Charlotte let out a sigh, "Hell if I know. All I know is that you need to spend time away from the Mikaelsons."

"Maybe I should." Wolfgang mused, "It's time I should leave New Orleans, do something for myself."

"Wrap up whatever business you have and face who you are, Wolfgang. You can't run from your own problems forever." Charlotte advised. Wolfgang nodded and said goodbye before he cut the call.

The vampire moved to his armoire, pulling it aside to reveal his walk-in-wardrobe. Wolfgang walked in and grabbed a suitcase, opening it and placing it on a table in the centre of the room.

The hunter packed the bare essentials, everything he definitely needed to live. Everything else he could have shipped to wherwver he went.