Chapter 20 - 'Stab Her In The Back - Probably Literally.'

Dahlia stood besides Wolfgang, her hands on the temples of the kneeling vampire. Wolfgang relaxed and opened his mind to her when Dahlia whipped her hands away.

"There is a woman branded into your mind." Dahlia said, almost disgusted by the thought. Wolfgang narrowed his eyes at her and turned around.

"What do you know about that?"

"Not much, though it seems that my sister has cannibalised the dormant gift of foresight that Antoinette gave you." Dahlia explained, Wolfgang gestured for the witch to continue and Dahlia sighed.

"I'll have to remove the block. Doing so will destroy the gift and remove all memory you have of anything you saw." Dahlia replied and Wolfgang nodded understandingly. He motioned for the witch to resume.

Dahlia placed her hands on his temples and dug his fingers in, entering his mind as much as he would allow her. Wolfgang concentrated on limiting her access to not only keep Nachtstern locked away but to hide his plans from her. Taking the opportunity, Wolfgang seized the contact and subtlely entered Dahlia's mind, searching for where she kept the sword that could kill him.

"It's done." Dahlia stated after a long moment. The witch stood back and Wolfgang felt as though there was something missing. The vampire shrugged it off and extended his mind using his psychic abilities, searching for Klaus.

Klaus' mind was in turmoil as Wolfgang arrived and the setting changed. The hybrid glanced around at the Mikaelson Mansion in Mystic Falls until he noticed Wolfgang.

"Traitor." Klaus spat as he charged at him but Wolfgang caught him, twisted his arm and threw him across the room.

"I did what I had to do. Besides, I'm not the one that shoved a dagger in your chest."

"Why are you here?" Klaus questioned and Wolfgang sat down, motioning for Klaus to do the same. The hybrid did so and waited for Wolfgang to explain himself.

"Dahlia wants to have a little chat with you about Hope. Before that, I want to talk to you about betraying Dahlia." Wolfgang explained. Klaus smiled and laced his hands together.

"What stops me from killing you the first chance I get?"

"You can't." Wolfgang replied, "Besides, I was only aiding Dahlia because she has the sword that can kill me. Now that I know where it is, I'm going to take it. Stab her in the back - probably literally. Then leave New Orleans."

"Sounds like quite the plan." Klaus replied and Wolfgang smiled. The vampire stood to his feet and concentrated for a second before turning to Klaus.

"Dahlia will be arriving soon. Not a word of this conversation, alright?" Wolfgang said and Klaus nodded. The vampire waved a hand and Dahlia appeared, the scenery around them changing as well.

**********

Wolfgang, Klaus and Dahlia were in the midst of a village that was being ransacked. Dahlia turned to the two and gestured at Wolfgang.

"I assume that Sebastian informed you of why we are here?" Dahlia questioned as the three stopped when they make it to the end of the village square. Young children were running around while adult women cleaned and cut fruits and vegetables and men tended to their livestock.

"Spare me the agonizing boredom and explain what it is you want. I have no use for demented dreamscapes."

"Niklaus, listen." Dahlia instructed. Klaus sighed as both he and Wolfgang focused their hearing, eventually realizing that the village was being attacked by Viking warriors, who were violently and mercilessly attacking the locals. Klaus and Wolfgang watched as young Esther and young Dahlia, screamed as they ran away from the fighting and hid behind a large barrel of hay.